Community Forum

Why do I keep getting logged out of the Xfinity home page every time I exit Google Chrome?!

Regular Contributor

Why do I keep getting logged out of the Xfinity home page every time I exit Google Chrome?!

Something is terribly wrong!  Every time I exit Google Chrome and then re-enter it, I ALWAYS get logged out of the Xfinity home page and all the cookies get wiped out from it, no matter how many times I checked the "Stay logged in" button!  I keep having to log in through the "My Account" link and it's truly annoying!  Not even the "Stay logged in" button has helped me!  When will the issue be fixed?!  Cat Sad

Expert

Re: Why do I keep getting logged out of the Xfinity home page every time I exit Google Chrome?!

angeldeb82 wrote:

Something is terribly wrong!  Every time I exit Google Chrome and then re-enter it, I ALWAYS get logged out of the Xfinity home page and all the cookies get wiped out from it, no matter how many times I checked the "Stay logged in" button!  I keep having to log in through the "My Account" link and it's truly annoying!  Not even the "Stay logged in" button has helped me!  When will the issue be fixed?!  Cat Sad

The issue is within Chrome, not with Comcast. 

After you open Chrome, click on the three dots on the right side of the location bar.  Then, scroll down and choose Settings.  Scroll down and click on Advanced.  Under Privacy and Settings scroll down until you see Clear browsing data.  Under Basic uncheck Cookies and other site data.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Contributor

Re: Why do I keep getting logged out of the Xfinity home page every time I exit Google Chrome?!

Again wrote:

angeldeb82 wrote:

The issue is within Chrome, not with Comcast. 

After you open Chrome, click on the three dots on the right side of the location bar.  Then, scroll down and choose Settings.  Scroll down and click on Advanced.  Under Privacy and Settings scroll down until you see Clear browsing data.  Under Basic uncheck Cookies and other site data.

Wow!  Your advice seems to work.  I can now stay logged in the Xfinity home page when I enter Chrome.  Thanks. Cat Wink

Regular Contributor

Well, it's happening again this morning!  Last night I cleared the cookes from Chrome, and this morning, when I leave Chrome after I log in to the Xfinity home page, I ALWAYS get logged out of there and all the cookies get wiped out from it, no matter how many times I checked the "Stay logged in" button!  I keep having to log in through the "My Account" link and it's truly annoying!  Not even the "Stay logged in" button has helped me!  Has this happened to you too?!  When will the issue be fixed again?!  And don't say it's a Chrome issue!  Cat Mad

Expert

angeldeb82 wrote:

Well, it's happening again this morning!  Last night I cleared the cookes from Chrome, and this morning, when I leave Chrome after I log in to the Xfinity home page, I ALWAYS get logged out of there and all the cookies get wiped out from it, no matter how many times I checked the "Stay logged in" button!  I keep having to log in through the "My Account" link and it's truly annoying!  Not even the "Stay logged in" button has helped me!  Has this happened to you too?!  When will the issue be fixed again?!  And don't say it's a Chrome issue!  Cat Mad

I'm using Firefox and it doesn't happen to me.  Try using a different browser and see if it happens then.

Go back, following my previous instructions, and re-check Cookies and other site data.

You apparently aren't the only one having the problem.  One of our Experts is also having the same problem using Chrome.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

Regular Contributor

Again wrote:

angeldeb82 wrote:

I'm using Firefox and it doesn't happen to me.  Try using a different browser and see if it happens then.

Go back, following my previous instructions, and re-check Cookies and other site data.

You apparently aren't the only one having the problem.  One of our Experts is also having the same problem using Chrome.

Well, it turns out that Chrome has logged me out of all websites every time I exit the browser and re-enter it, so that may be the problem.  Nevertheless, I will take your suggestion and see if the issue still happens. Cat Wink

Expert

Another thing to try is to disable all of your add-ons and see if that helps.  If it does, then start adding them back one by one until you get to the one that is causing the problem.

FWIW, I also tested using SeaMonkey and didn't have any problems.  I only have a couple of add-ons installed and those wouldn't cause a problem with this, and apparently didn't.

Regular Contributor

Well, I updated Chrome to Chrome 65, but here's a new problem: when I exit Chrome and reenter the browser, I ALWAYS get logged out of my home page (Xfinity.com)!  Only I'm still logged in to other websites just fine, but not my home page! Cat Sad Well, actually, using the "Optimize Disk" and "File Cleanup" on the Norton Security Suite seems to cause the sudden logout, so that may be the case. Cat Sad