Community Forum

When I copy a double spaced document into my email, it automatically converts it to single space.

New Poster

When I copy a double spaced document into my email, it automatically converts it to single space.

When I paste a double-spaced document into an outgoing email, it automatically gets converted to single-spaced. I need to maintain the double spacing, but  nothing I've tried seems to work.

Expert

Re: When I copy a double spaced document into my email, it automatically converts it to single space

wrote:

When I paste a double-spaced document into an outgoing email, it automatically gets converted to single-spaced. I need to maintain the double spacing, but  nothing I've tried seems to work.

Have you tried sending the email to yourself to see what the document looks like when received?

This is pretty normal, btw.  When you Do a c&p from a word program into webmail, formatting often drops because the webmail program isn't a word program.  Your alternative, if you MUST have the formatting, is to save the document and then send it as an attachment.

About four or five years ago, you could do a c&p from Word; there was an icon that allowed you to do that, but you had to have a connector to webmail in order to do that.  The connector was dropped after a while for some reason.  I don't have any statistics on how many people actually used that because not a lot of people have Word.  Personally I've never been a fan of Word, but have used it over the years and learned a lot about it in a class I was taking.  Now, though, I have started using LibreOffice for all my documents.  Anyway, I'm sure you probably weren't interested in that last part, but thought I would share it, anyway.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.