Community Forum

Weird spam email issue

Frequent Visitor

Weird spam email issue

I have no idea how to address this problem I have been having with my internet.  For the past week or two I have been receiving about 6 or more emails a day from a source which is clearly  spam.  I do not want to open any  of them and  I put them in my spam file, but they keep coming. They are all from a source which starts with the term "dailyletter" or "newsletter" and then continues, each one with a different email address as the sender. One example: dailyletter.giantlikeness@bookatagent.com.

And they all seem to start with "And by the way thanks for reading our..." and thats all I can read on my phone internet since I am not opening any of them.  It could be that when they started I mistakenly opened one which may have started this whole mess. Each one advertises a different product, ranging from medical care to financial matters, insurance etc, some of them naming major companies as the advertiser, such as Lifeline Screening, Liberty Mutual, Terminix, Freedom Debt Relief.

I  have googled every possible version of the identity but I have seen no one having the same problem.  Anyone have any idea what is going on here?  Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Problem Solver

Re: Weird spam email issue

@lovethemnats wrote:  It could be that when they started I mistakenly opened one which may have started this whole mess.

I'm guessing that's exactly what started it. Just move to spam/junk and delete every day or two.