Community Forum

Web site access limited to Google apps

Highlighted
New Poster

Web site access limited to Google apps

Unable to access websites beyond Google apps like Gmail, YouTube, Calendar, News and a few news apps like CNN. Can't access Amazon, Tennis.com, others the past two weeks
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Web site access limited to Google apps

What browser are you using?  Have you tried a different one?  Exactly what happens when you try to type something into your search engine?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Google Chrome, Google, Safari, MS Explorer. We either get nothing just site processing, or site not available response
Highlighted
Expert

@bentorreon wrote:
Google Chrome, Google, Safari, MS Explorer. We either get nothing just site processing, or site not available response

Check your Safe Browsing settings in Chrome.

1. Click the Chrome menu at the top right > Settings.
  2. Scroll down and click Advanced.
  3. Click Sync and Google services.
  4. Use the slider to turn off Safe Browsing (protects you and your device from dangerous sites).

Chrome Version 75, Disable Safe Browsing

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

How do I post publicly, just using the site area didn’t select or see anything.
Highlighted
New Poster

Got past Sync and Google Services but the option to slide and turn off safe browsing wasn’t an option.
Highlighted
New Poster

I'm having the same problem, but only on one laptop.  Others appear fine and it appears comcast is protecting me from myself. No access to almost any site except for Facebook and a few others. No eBay, amazon etc

Highlighted
New Poster

It's not a browser issue. Pretty sure comcast is somehow blocking us.