Community Forum

WIFI HISTORY

New Poster

WIFI HISTORY

HOW DO I VIEW THE INTERNET HISTORY AND VISITED SITES THAT ARE VIEWED IN MY HOME? IS THERE A HISTORY OR WAY TO VIEW WHAT WEBSITES ARE BEING VIEWED OVER MY WIFI NETWORK?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: WIFI HISTORY

only in the browser cache on the computer

New Poster

So there is no way to view my childrens web history? My 15 year old son has been deleting his history and has been caught looking at rather questionable things. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Routers do not keep logs of pages visited....It is only the history of the browser

Set parental controls in the router to block those sites..

Expert

All the major search engines keep a separate search history, unless it's  been disabled.  How you look at it depends on which one is being used---Google----Yahoo---Bing etc.  They go back different lengths of time.  So unless it's been cleared the information might still be there.  I think Bing goes back 28 days or so.  I'm not sure about the others.  I know I can turn it on or off in Google, and by default it's on unless you deliberately disable it.

When you clear cache and browsing history in your browser, it only clears what's on that particular machine.

A long shot maybe, but worth looking at.

Contributor

Hi CJJR7981:

If you use Internet Explorer, you can go to Internet Options. I go to the Internet Trusted sites hit "sites" and type in "www" or "Http:" and sites that have been visited show-up. When I've found some questionable sites on family member's computers, I copy them to notepad(CTRL.C) and paste them in. I then add the bad sites to the restricted site list. Yes, there is a way to track the history of sites-even if your 15-year-old deleted them from his History! It still shows-up using what I do. It also works on the restricted site tab as well, which may be easier to add the sites to that zone than the first method I told you. Hope it helps.

LindaSView