Community Forum

WHY sent eMAIL TO ME THAT you will stop the service within 12 hours and asking MY #SS,CREDIT CARD ?

Regular Visitor

WHY sent eMAIL TO ME THAT you will stop the service within 12 hours and asking MY #SS,CREDIT CARD ?

WHAT IS THE REASON YOU SENT ME WARNING EMAIL THAT YOU WILL DISCONNECT THE SERVICE UNLESS PROVIDE MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND CREDIT CARD NUMBERS etc.

Expert

Re: WHY sent eMAIL TO ME THAT you will stop the service within 12 hours and asking MY #SS,CREDIT CA

@julianakangchoi wrote:

WHAT IS THE REASON YOU SENT ME WARNING EMAIL THAT YOU WILL DISCONNECT THE SERVICE UNLESS PROVIDE MY SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS AND CREDIT CARD NUMBERS etc.

Comcast didn't send that email to you.  That was someone pretending to be Comcast trying to get your personal information.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Re: WHY sent eMAIL TO ME THAT you will stop the service within 12 hours and asking MY #SS,CREDIT ...

Hello julianakangchoi, the information that (Again) shared is correct. We will never send an email requesting you to confirm your account information or your personal information such as your SSN or credit card numbers. Can you provide the email address that you received the email from?