Community Forum

Update Your Xfinity Email POP Port Settings

Contributor

Re: Update Your Xfinity Email POP Port Settings

I'm in Portland OR

Frequent Visitor

I am on port 995. Have used it for awhile. Not working with Outlook, along with all other settings in the post.
Frequent Visitor

30 year IT Veteran here:

What's up is that the SSL certificate for their POP3 servers is invalid. So, they are temporarily reenabling standard port 110 access without SSL until it can be fixed.

It works for some but not others because it takes time to migrate settings and verify you aren't breaking other things as you go. With a network infrastructure as big and spread out as theirs you never  just say, "oh that's it," click a button and tell 100 servers to all make the same change. That's why some of us (I have) had success switching back to 110/No SSL and it's working fine For others, sorry, looks like you'll just have to wait.

Why do some people have success using their iOS device? When you add a comcast account on your iOS device it asks comcast what settings to use and comcast sets the account up using IMAP, not POP3 (frankly, it's what everyone should be using but, like you, i have my reasons for sticking with POP3 for certain accounts). Truthfully we should all be using protocols like Google uses with push technology instead of the god awful IMAP protocol ... but it's an open standard. It'll take someone like Apple or Google opening up their push protocol for their email for everyone else to join in.

Contributor

My Android phone and my two iPads both work fine right now using POP3. I checked all three of their settings. I manually set up as POP3 though you are correct that automated set up is IMAP. I use POP3 because I cannot have emails I delete out of phone and/or iPad delete out of my desktop PC. I must keep copies of hundreds of work emails but don't need/want them on mobile devices. I need the organization I get using Outlook for 2 and OE for 5, separate identities, separate inboxes and address books. I can't have hundreds of spam, personal and eBay related emails clogging my work inbox in Outlook. I don't even have all of my emails set up to mobile devices. 

Contributor

I just went back in and changed setting in Outlook to pop3.comcast.net, port to 110 unchecked SSL and changed drop down menu that was set at TSL to none and downloaded a bunch of emails......

Frequent Visitor

Bingo! Others should do the same, for now:

incoming mail server: pop3.comcast.net

port 110

NO SSL

(outgoing shouldn't need to be changed)

Frequent Visitor

Hey ComcastJessie,

Head to: https://www.htbridge.com/ssl/

Enter either pop3. or mail.comcast.net and look at the result - error!

Told ya it's on your end and not ours -- where do I send the bill?

New Poster

Thank you.

I spent hours with comcast and then they sent me to microsoft. Microsoft just wanted to sell me an updated version of Outlook.

Why can't they just be honest?  I knew it had to be on their end as it worked fine for 5 years and now just my receive mail don't work, the send function is fine.

Changing the port and using 9093.comcast.net did the trick.  The question is for how long?

Contributor

In Outlook Express I had to disable the password authentication too. Just changing the port didn't work.

Frequent Visitor

Yeah, don’t use password auth
Frequent Visitor

Thanks. That worked.
New Poster

A friend received the "certificate" error.  She add her email account to her third party email client as though she were adding it for the first time (even though it was already on her third party client) and it let her.  Her email then started being received into the second account set up and even though the two accounts had identical information, the new one received email while the old one did not.  So she simply clicked and dragged all her saved mail/files from the first non function account to the second functioning account and then deleted the first account and it is now working for her.  So that "certificate" poping up for validation may be critical in the operation process as well.  Also, after she did everything and then removed the first non functioning account, she did reboot her computer.  It's worth a try.  Seems like these things work for some, but not others.  It may just be a hit and miss or wait for forever for comcast to remedy the situation. 

New Poster

yep, they tried to send me to Microsoft too; said microsoft would have to write some code in my computer and they didn't want to be responsible if it went wrong.  I told them it wasn't a microsoft issue...it was a comcast issue.  

Problem Solver

For me, it was SSL3 that stopped working Sunday evening (11/18). Looking at the packet traces, the protocol was rejected immediately, and never got to the point of checking the certificate. Switching the encryption method to TLS made everything start working again, including cert check.

New Poster

Date: 2018 November 20

OK, the work-arounds work (I switched to IMAP temporarily).

But do we know for a fact that Comcast acknowledges the problem and is working on it?

Has anyone received such a communication from Comcast?

(By the way, here in the San Francisco bay area, DNS doesn't even resolve for mail.comcast.net or pop3.comcast.net.  Ping on those names just says "Name or service not known".  So the problem is even more basic than an expired SSL certificate.)

New Poster

As far as I know, Comcast has not acknowledged a problem and I received no correspondence from them..

The last two days I have received e-mails from friends stating they are getting  a "failure notice" on some of the e-mails they tried to send me. Its intermittent - I only know of 3 - but it means not all the e-mails are actually getting through. The failure notice says "Unable to deliver message after multiple retries, giving up."

Anyone else having that problem?

Frequent Visitor

Solution for (my) Mozilla Mail (Seamonkey or Thunderbird) client / Linux POP3 problem:
      Change the SERVER to imap.ge.xfinity.com
Problem and Analysis
My two Comcast POP3 email configurations were out of order on Monday morning, Nov 19 2018.  They had been working the previous Friday.  These accounts are configured in the Seamonkey email client.  ( I tested Thunderbird to make sure it was not a Seamonkey-only issue.  Thunderbird failed similarly.)  The failure was at the connection stage, before authentication.  The error reads
      Failed to connect to server mail.comcast.net.
In both account configurations, the POP3 server had been set to mail.comcast.net, port number 995, for years of successful emailing.
Consulting the Comcast support website produced a suggested alternative node name, pop3.comcast.net .  But this produced the same error:  "Failed to connect to server pop3.comcast.net" .  Thunderbird's errors were identical to Seamonkey's.

Connection failure prompted me to ping them both, unsuccessfully.  This is not serious, as they may be configured to refuse ICMP echo requests, a common DOS defense.  Then, DNS lookup resolved both mail.comcast.net and pop3.comcast.net to canonical name imap.ge.xfinity.com .
This suggested to me that Comcast had summarily discontinued POP3 support and rerouted POP3 server DNS entries to an IMAP server.  I found this troubling, but keep reading, because this suspicion turns out to be wrong, at least as of this writing...
After some more time spent on the website, and four interactions with live customer service people, I asked the last one whether Comcast was discontinuing POP3 support, and she answered in the affirmative (This is wrong, remember?  Keep reading...)
Acting on this last advice, I created IMAP versions of my POP3 configurations and started the very tedious process of copying over my trees of nearly 1,000 POP3 folders to the IMAP accounts.

Background:  I might have configured them as IMAP in the first place, over 15 years ago (before Comcast bought the cable internet monopoly in my area from AT&T), had IMAP been available.  But that didn't happen, so I have an edifice that will be very inconvenient to convert should Comcast ever truly discontinue POP3 service.

The Customer support phase above cost me about a half day's work.  The IMAP conversion process had cost me another 1/2 day, and was starting in on a second day.  Disappointing, as this is all to troubleshoot a paid service.

Throughout both processes I occasionally experimented again with the POP3 configurations, still hoping I would hit on something that would spare me finishing the daunting conversion underway.  At last I hit on one that worked.  The improbably-named imap.ge.xfinity.com works as a POP3 (!) server.
I can't explain why mail.comcast.net and pop3.comcast.net can no longer be resolved by my email client, while imap.ge.xfinity.com can, but I have something that works, and I don't have to spend another week creating an imperfect reflection of what I already had.  I had some distance to go on the folders, and had not even begun with the dozens of filters.
My Comcast email is functioning again, so I'm no longer pursuing what went wrong.  My primary suspect would currently be possible DNS entry change(s) by Comcast.
Comcast should not discontinue POP3 service.  If they consider it, they may change course after an analysis of (3) below

(1)  Give a reasonable amount of warning.
(2)  Be prepared for a sudden increase in customer service requests and complaints.
(3)  Provide an array of POP3-to-IMAP conversion tools that handle complex folder trees, filters, etc..  It would have to take into consideration a large number of email clients.  This will cost, but is required to mitigate a major inconvenience to your longest-standing customers.

This customer is using Seamonkey 2.49.4 on Linux 4.15.0-39-generic Mint 19 Tara .
Thank you.

Frequent Visitor

(deleted as duplicate)

Frequent Visitor

(deleted as duplicate)

Problem Solver

I just noticed I'm using "mail.comcast.net" for my POP3 server, and it's working fine with TLS. That shouldn't make any difference. Both "mail.comcast.net" and "pop.comcast.net map" to the CNAME "imap.ge.xfinity.com".

Frequent Visitor

I too had issues begin on November 19 while using my POP3 client.  I spent most of the day wasting time with comcast and ended up with some jerk named Yves at comcast's Customer Solution Center.  He tried to convince me it was an issue with my email client but had no answer for why my client worked perfectly since August when I first configured it to use port 995 w/SSL and then it suddenly stopped retrieving messages on Nov 19th.  This guy had his head buried in the sand and couldn't face the reality that he was not smart enough to discover the issue with comcast's server and didn't have the motivation to escalate the issue to someone who did have the smarts.  What's worse is that paying customers have to put up with a know-it-all who doesn't really know as much as he should to do his job.  An amateur masquerading as a professional, what a waste of time that was.

What did work for me, at least for the time being, was to do exactly what another poster suggested, and what comcast said not to do.  I  changed my POP3 configuration to use port 110 without SSL.  I couldn't believe how fast it downloaded all the messages, less than 3 seconds.  With port 995 it took almost 2 minutes to get the error message that the connection was closed unexpectedly by server while attempting to download the 1st message.  How messed up is it when comcast's recommended configuration doesn't work., but the configuration they've been telling people to avoid since August worked just fine.

Frequent Visitor

@antgaucho wrote:

Solution for (my) Mozilla Mail (Seamonkey or Thunderbird) client / Linux POP3 problem:
      Change the SERVER to imap.ge.xfinity.com

So, you are using imap.ge.xfinity.com port 995 with SSL?

Frequent Visitor

Reply to,

Yes, that's right.  Of all the settings that had been working for me for years, in the end the only one that needed changing was the server name.  My Seamonkey incoming settings for comcast POP3 are now:

imap.ge.xfinity.com

Port 995

SSL/TLS

Normal password.

New Poster

imap.ge.xfinity.com also worked for me as a POP3 server, using the Thunderbird email client on Linux.

However, the SSL certificate is for a different machine, "imap.email.comcast.net" (which doesn't exist), and so Thunderbird gives me warning.  I told Thunderbird to trust the site anyway, and the messages started to (very slowly) download.

Frequent Visitor

Port 110 is working correctly in SFBay area as of last evening.

This afternoon, port 995 and SSL appears to be working again. (can't easily tell if it is actually secure or falling back to insecure transport though).

Frequent Visitor

@antgaucho wrote:

Reply to,

Yes, that's right.  Of all the settings that had been working for me for years, in the end the only one that needed changing was the server name.  My Seamonkey incoming settings for comcast POP3 are now:

imap.ge.xfinity.com

Port 995

SSL/TLS

Normal password.

Ahhh yes, makes sense - it was a certificate issue, they moved from the Comcast.net domain to an xfinity.com one but forgot to change the certificates.

thanks for sharing.

in my area in Michigan, however, I’m back to pop3.comcast.net and all is well.

Contributor

I'm going to take a bit of a break.  I've been avoiding trying to fix Email on this ancient Linux system.  It was working fine with SSL until Nov 19 (a day that will live in infamy).

I tried going back to port 110, now it's not recognizing my password.  I don't think I changed it.  Later....

For entertainment purposes, I don't think there's much to comment on:

$ fetchmail -f .fetchmailcomcast -cvv
Old UID list from pop3.comcast.net: <empty>
Scratch list of UIDs: ...

fetchmail: --check mode enabled, not fetching mail
fetchmail: 6.3.21 querying pop3.comcast.net (protocol POP3) at Sun 25 Nov 2018 10:47:10 PM EST: poll started
Trying to connect to 96.115.227.17/110...connected.
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Dovecot ready.
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< +OK
fetchmail: POP3< CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< RESP-CODES
fetchmail: POP3< PIPELINING
fetchmail: POP3< AUTH-RESP-CODE
fetchmail: POP3< STLS
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< SASL PLAIN LOGIN OAUTHBEARER XOAUTH2
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: POP3> STLS
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Begin TLS negotiation now.
fetchmail: Certificate chain, from root to peer, starting at depth 3:
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: AddTrust AB
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: AddTrust External CA Root
fetchmail: Subject CommonName: AddTrust External CA Root
fetchmail: Certificate at depth 2:
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: AddTrust AB
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: AddTrust External CA Root
fetchmail: Subject CommonName: COMODO RSA Certification Authority
fetchmail: Certificate at depth 1:
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: COMODO CA Limited
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: COMODO RSA Certification Authority
fetchmail: Subject CommonName: COMODO RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
fetchmail: Server certificate:
fetchmail: Issuer Organization: COMODO CA Limited
fetchmail: Issuer CommonName: COMODO RSA Organization Validation Secure Server CA
fetchmail: Subject CommonName: imap.email.comcast.net
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: imap.email.comcast.net
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: imap.comcast.net
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: imap.xfinity.com
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: mail.comcast.net
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: mail.xfinity.com
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: pop.comcast.net
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: pop.xfinity.com
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: pop3.comcast.net
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: pop3.email.comcast.net
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: pop3.xfinity.com
fetchmail: Subject Alternative Name: www.imap.email.comcast.net
fetchmail: pop3.comcast.net key fingerprint: CB:7D:AD:6F:2722:BD:A6:8F:C8:12:9A:05:8D:9F
fetchmail: POP3> CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< CAPA
fetchmail: POP3< TOP
fetchmail: POP3< UIDL
fetchmail: POP3< RESP-CODES
fetchmail: POP3< PIPELINING
fetchmail: POP3< AUTH-RESP-CODE
fetchmail: POP3< USER
fetchmail: POP3< SASL PLAIN LOGIN OAUTHBEARER XOAUTH2
fetchmail: POP3< .
fetchmail: pop3.comcast.net: upgrade to TLS succeeded.
fetchmail: POP3> USER ewerme
fetchmail: POP3> PASS *
fetchmail: POP3< -ERR [AUTH] Authentication failed.
fetchmail: [AUTH] Authentication failed.
fetchmail: Authorization failure on ewerme@pop3.comcast.net
fetchmail: For help, see http://www.fetchmail.info/fetchmail-FAQ.html#R15
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Logging out
fetchmail: 6.3.21 querying pop3.comcast.net (protocol POP3) at Sun 25 Nov 2018 10:47:16 PM EST: poll completed
Merged UID list from pop3.comcast.net: <empty>
fetchmail: normal termination, status 3

Contributor

How about that?  It looks like I copied a line within my .fetchmailrc file from a different server an different password to use as a template for a new mail.comcast.net line with ssl.

With the right password, 133 messages get processed right away:

fetchmail: SMTP> MAIL FROM:<...@returns.groups.yahoo.com> SIZE=12259
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 2.1.0 Ok
fetchmail: SMTP> RCPT TO:<werme@localhost>
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 2.1.5 Ok
fetchmail: SMTP> DATA
fetchmail: SMTP< 354 End data with <CR><LF>.<CR><LF>
#*******************************************.*************************************************.***********.*******************************.************************.********************.*
fetchmail: SMTP>. (EOM)
fetchmail: SMTP< 250 2.0.0 Ok: queued as 079804E0AB5
flushed
fetchmail: POP3> DELE 133
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Marked to be deleted.
fetchmail: POP3> QUIT
fetchmail: POP3< +OK Logging out, messages deleted.
fetchmail: SMTP> QUIT
fetchmail: SMTP< 221 2.0.0 Bye

Frequent Visitor

Just got the email shown below from comcast dated Dec 3 .

Port 995 with SSL still doesn't work, I get the same error message as before (Failed: connection to server closed unexpectedly).  Port 110 works perfectly.

The incoming mail server makes no difference whether it is set to mail.comcast.net or pop3.comcast.net

This feels too much like Ground Hog Day. Are we going to have a repeat of what happened a couple of weeks ago?

On 12/6/18 I expect to have error messages on both ports unless Comcast gets it act together.  THEN WHAT?

Subject: Final Reminder: Upcoming changes to your Xfinity email
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2018 14:22:58 -0800

Update your settings by December 6th.
Remember to update your Xfinity email settings on your devices

Beginning December 6, 2018, we are making changes to Xfinity email to increase your security. We’ve extended the deadline to give you a little extra time to update your settings. According to our systems, you access the email address xxxxxxxx@comcast.net through a mail application other than Xfinity webmail, and you'll need to make a few updates to continue to use your Xfinity email with these other programs. If you don't make these changes to your settings, you will receive an error message after 12/6/18 when you check your Xfinity email. If you use Xfinity webmail or the Xfinity Connect app, you don't need to make any changes. Click here or visit xfinity.com/POPupdate for step-by-step instructions to change the security settings for the most common email applications. You can update the settings in just a few steps. You can also still access your Xfinity email via webmail by visiting https://connect.xfinity.com/ or by downloading the Xfinity Connect app here at any time. If you have any questions, click to chat with us. Our goal is to provide the best level of protection possible. Thank you for being an Xfinity customer.

Contributor

Thank you for posting your notice.  I haven't gotten my groundhog yet.  At this point I wouldn't be surprised if they throw the switch for everyone, whether or not we were notified about try #2.

When Comcast killed of Personal Web Pages, many customers never did get notice and had no copies of their web page.

Frequent Visitor

Groundhog day has arrived.  The settings which fixed the previous problem (at least for me) now are returning error messages. So far, using various mixtures of my old settings and Comcast's suggested settings has not worked.  Would appreciate hearing if anyone has a solution. Of course my iPad and iPhone are receiving emails. Just not Outlook on my iMac.

Addendum--just changing incoming server port to 995, SSL, did it using pop3.comcast.net as server. Outgoing settings no change.

Frequent Visitor

rreesjones,

Have you tried setting your incoming POP3 server to imap.ge.xfinity.com ?

It looks counterintuitive, having "imap" in the nodename, but but that's the only change I had to make to get my comcast pop mail flowing again after Nov 19, and it is still working at this writing.

The servername also happens to be the only detail that contradicts ComcastJessie's thread-launching post.

Good luck

Expert

@antgaucho wrote:

rreesjones,

Have you tried setting your incoming POP3 server to imap.ge.xfinity.com ?

That would work IF @rreesjones is on a Linux distro, otherwise it would be pop3.comcast.net.

It looks counterintuitive, having "imap" in the nodename, but but that's the only change I had to make to get my comcast pop mail flowing again after Nov 19, and it is still working at this writing.

The servername also happens to be the only detail that contradicts ComcastJessie's thread-launching post.

This has been corrected.

Good luck

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I've tried them all without success on port 995 w/SSL.....

mail.comcast.net
pop3.comcast.net
imap.ge.xfinity.com

During my troubleshooting I have made the following curious observations:

-The 4 step process of connecting to the server, logging in, checking for new mail, and retrieving new mail is painfully slow. It takes 30-60 seconds before the checking operation is complete, then another 60 seconds while retrieving new messages before the error appears "Failed: Connection closed unexpectedly by server". The whole process usually takes 90 seconds from start-to-error.

-When there is no new mail on the server, my client does notify me... No New Mail. But it takes 30 to 60 seconds instead of 2 seconds like it did from August to Nov 19 on port 995, and recently on 110 before it was blocked today.

-With test emails I've sent to one of my comcast addresses, messages containing 11kb of text are retrieved in 81 seconds. The same happens when the text file itself is sent as an attachment (instead of being pasted into the email message body). The only exception is when a message takes a little longer to retrieve, probably at the whim of connection/download speeds, at which time the error appears.

-The last 60 seconds spent on just the retrieval operation is consistent, as if it were a timeout of sorts, before the connection is closed unexpectedly by the server. Operations prior to the retrieval often varied in time, from 30 to 60 seconds.

-If the first new email to be retrieved takes more than 90 seconds, the error prevents access to any other messages. Have to go to web mail to clear the jam. Unfortunately I haven't received a real email that took less than 90 seconds.

My conclusion is that something with my Comcast server changed on Nov 19th that, a) caused the handshaking between server & client to slow down dramatically, and b) a message retrieval time of more than 60 seconds causes the server to close the connection.  Given that port 995 w/SSL worked fine from August until that date, and that nothing whatsoever changed on my side of the wire, there's no other resonable explanation.

From what Again says, I'll be using pop3.comcast.net as my default instead of mail.comcast.net, even though all of them produced the same results for me.  Why waste time chasing ghosts.

Now that port 110 is blocked I'm SOL with POP. I have only one more thing to try before  throwing in the towel.

Frequent Visitor

Dear Again,
1.  I still don't see imap.ge.xfinity.com mentioned in ComcastJessie's post.  In particular, it doesn't look  "corrected" to me.
2.  I couldn't guess why the platform underlying the mail client should influence which servernames work, so I tested the same Seamonkey settings on an old MSWindows VM I have.  They work.  Here they are Again (except for username), this time in screen shot:
Selection_014.png

To recap, the above configuration is working on both GNU/Linux and MSWindows platforms.
Has anyone seen these settings fail to connect?

Frequent Visitor

Anon1476264, I'm not seeing the extreme slowness issue you reported.  But I've had many similar experiences before and feel your pain.  Any chance you're going through a bottleneck caused by, say, a VPN?  BTW pop3.comcast.net does not work for me, while imap.ge.xfinity.com does.

Frequent Visitor

antgaucho,

Thanks for you suggestion, I don't use a VPN. No bottlenecks on this side. Apart from the mail server I'm getting an avg of 65mb/s downloads in my browser using comcast speed test, which is actually slightly faster than my performance tier. Uploads are what I'd expect and avg 5.8mb/s. Mail server names make no difference at all.

Contributor

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Can-t-get-Xfinity-Email-on-Thunderbird-Security-Cer...

I've made sure that my Account Settings have been updated, Comcast/xFinity has been sending out warning emails to me for months now, directing me to the following...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/update-pop3-110-995?rid=9589358&mid=20181203_Adhoc_CM_POP_F...

After ensuring that my account settings match what the above instructs they should be; even though my account settings window is slightly different from the one they show...  I now get an error message from Thunderbird telling me that Comcast's Security Certificate is either Invalid or Corrupted, and now it won't download my emails anymore.

email error.jpg

Seeing as its their security certificate..... Is Comcast going to fix this issue?

New Poster

Please tell everyone how this will affect Norton's spam filter when used with Outlook after the POP3 inbox is changed to SSL port 995.

Frequent Visitor

I think our configuration is the same.

Here are the settings that are working for me now in Outlook:

1. User name just the part before the @

2. Incoming server pop3.comcast.net, port 995, SSL

3. Outgoing server smtp.comcast.net, port 465, SSL, authentication Use Incoming Server Info.

this is working for all my email accounts

Hope that helps

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply...

I've tried and these settings don't work.  It is very frustrating. 

I have several email addresses from different companies, that all feed into a single outlook file so i don't have to keep switching.  Again...very frustrating. 

Even more frustrating when Comcast won't help directly.

Contributor

I’m sorry for not reading the entire thread. My comcast account clearly says imap in my mail preferences on my MacBook Pro. Does anything here relate to that ?  Also does Comcast have 2 factor authentication on their website to login? If not, why on earth not?  

Official Employee

@rreesjones wrote:

rreesjones

I think our configuration is the same.

Here are the settings that are working for me now in Outlook:

1. User name just the part before the @

2. Incoming server pop3.comcast.net, port 995, SSL

3. Outgoing server smtp.comcast.net, port 465, SSL, authentication Use Incoming Server Info.

this is working for all my email accounts

Hope that helps

Folks, I would like to chime in here for a second. I found this issue as well after I did a format of my PC and re-installed Outlook 2016. This can be frustrating, but I would like to say the information rreesjones is very helpful and works. This is how I set my outlook up and it is up and running. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!