Community Forum

Unwanted email username list

New Poster

Unwanted email username list

When I click on username, 6 usernames are listed 2 are usuable and the others are ones I made up to delete those. It looks like an autofill username list that I can't delete. How to I delete this list and get back to an empty username for  Comcast email that only I can fill in? Thanks.

Expert

Re: Unwanted email username list

Do you mean the autofill that kicks in when you are typing in the To, CC or Bcc fields?  If so, click on the gear icon, in the upper right corner of the Inbox page, then on Settings.  Under Mail settings, you will see the option to enable or disable the address collector for both incoming and outgoing emails.  That is the source of the contacts you will see in the auto-fill.  Then, open the address book and click on "Collected addresses" in the left pane.  In there you can delete any contacts you want to keep them from showing in the autofill.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Unwanted email username list

No. I'm referring to the email sign in page where you have to enter your username and password. I stopped the list of usernames from appearing when I click in the password or username box by clicking the box that says auto fill form data which I got to by clicking 3 vertical dots in upper right of Google search page, then more tools, then clear browsing data and then clear data (where auto fill form data box is located). Thanks anyway.