Community Forum

Unwanted Folder

Contributor

Unwanted Folder

I am so tired of my incoming emails going into an unwanted folder.  I move them, delete the folder, and they appear there again.  It happened again just now.  I am on my computer, have not touched my phone, moved them to my inbox, looked at something else on the computer, and when I looked at my email again, they were moved back.  HOW CAN I ELIMINATE THE UNWANTED FOLDER ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!!!  I HATE IT SO MUCH!!!

Expert

Re: Unwanted Folder

How are you accessing your email?  With only the webmail UI and your browser?  Or with a desktop client like Outlook?  Or maybe with a mobile email app on your phone?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Contributor

Sometimes with my phone mobile app. Most of the time with the computer directly with the browser Chrome and the Comcast website. After I posted this last night, it did it again. And I was just on the computer using Chrome and the Comcast website.
Expert

@thejpmoores wrote:
Sometimes with my phone mobile app. Most of the time with the computer directly with the browser Chrome and the Comcast website. After I posted this last night, it did it again. And I was just on the computer using Chrome and the Comcast website.

If you are using the mail app on an Android model phone, this is a known issue.  It has nothing to do with Comcast.  This article kind of explains it-----------------

http://www.westwaypc.com/wpress/blog/outlook-exchange-unwanted-folder-getting-emails/

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Did you not read that it happens when I am not on my phone but am using the computer?  I did not use my phone to check email at all today.  Am on my computer and have a bunch of emails in unwanted again.  HOW CAN IT BE TURNED OFF!

Expert

@thejpmoores wrote:

Did you not read that it happens when I am not on my phone but am using the computer?  I did not use my phone to check email at all today.  Am on my computer and have a bunch of emails in unwanted again.  HOW CAN IT BE TURNED OFF!

Yes I read it.  As a check, disable or delete the account in the mail app on the phone and see if it keeps happening.

Contributor

Can't they just eliminate that from happening?  It is being done by Comcast.  Why are they not stopping it from their end if it is a known problem?

Gold Problem Solver

@thejpmoores wrote: ... It is being done by Comcast. ...

Only because the app on your phone (or some other program or app on another device) is telling it to. Either change the settings in that app as described in the "westwaypc" article Latoque posted, or disable it. Until you do, the app will just keep telling Comcast to add the folder and any messages in it.

Contributor

Thank you so much for your help.  I didn't realize there was a spam folder in my Galaxy email app.  I found the ones that kept being put in unwanted and will keep up with it.