Community Forum

Unsubscribe from virtumundo?

New Poster

Unsubscribe from virtumundo?

Well some took my comcast.net email address and is using it to send about 30 ad emails a day.  There is an identical "unsubscribe" Virtumundo link at the bottom of each email but it fails saying there is no permission.   Anyone know how to unsubscribe to these email ads?  Can Comcast do something to stem this?

BTW:  this is NOT the adware virus where ads pop up randomly, I do not have that.  Just dozens of ad emails in my inbox every day.

thanks!

Karen

Expert

Re: Unsubscribe from virtumundo?

First, check your Sent folder and see if there is anything in there you know you didn't send.  If that looks OK, then most likely your email address is being "spoofed".  It's painfully easy for spammers to make it look like emails are coming from you when they are not.  If that is the case, there is nothing you can do to stop it.  Just wait it out.  Usually the evil-doers will use an address for a couple of weeks and move on to annoy someone else.  And don't click on the "unsubscribe" links.  That's just a guarantee you will be getting and sending more junk.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Unsubscribe from virtumundo emails - correction

This is a correction of my earlier question, as I realize I worded it incorrectly.

I am getting about 30 advertising emails a day from all sorts of companies.   All these emails have "Virtumundo" at the bottom with an "unsubscribe" link.  But when I click on the unsubscribe it gives a page error and "no permission to access this site". 

I can't find a way to add anything to my spam filter, as they are coming from different companies.  When I display the source I see "vm" and "virtual store" in some of the sources so I added that to spam filter, but it isn't working.

Do I have any recourse at all to stop this barrage of advertising??

Thanks!

Karen

Expert

Re: Unsubscribe from virtumundo emails - correction

Instead of trying to filter them, mark them as spam instead.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/mark-email-as-spam-xfinity-connect

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Unsubscribe from virtumundo emails - correction

Thanks!  The filter is working for some of them.  For the ones that sneak through I will take your suggestion and mark them as spam.  I still want to use filters to keep the volume down in my inbox.  Wish I could unsubscribe from this garbage!