Community Forum

Unsolicited "service related" emails

Highlighted
New Poster

Unsolicited "service related" emails

Ever since I signed up for Xfinity, I started receiving 1-2 emails/week with unsolicited marketing materials (northon antivirus, unsocilited requests to upgrade my plan, etc) with no ability to unsubscribe.  I have disabled all marketting emails from day one yet I still receive these.  There is no unsubscribe option at the bottom.  I have reported this violation of SPAM rules to the FTC.  <Edited>

Sample email headers:

July 18th - "What's left on your checklist"

July 6th - "Included with your service: Norton Security Online – download it now!"

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Unsolicited "service related" emails

Did you opt out of Comcast solicitations under "My Account"?  Even if you did, they will still send certain ones like billing notices.  The Norton notice is not a solicitation;  it's just reminding you that you have Norton as part of your Comcast internet subscription at no extra cost.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Sounds like SPAM to me. I do not want daily or weekly or even monthly emails from Comcast reminding me about products I already have.

Highlighted
Gold Problem Solver

Hey worndoor, 

You can actually enroll into the do not solicit program here: https://comca.st/2Q2CQdN

Account related info via mailing is not included in this program. 

Ken

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee and no longer actively support the Xfinity Forum.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

@CCKenF , the link you provided doesn't lead us to a way to stop the "service related emails".  Your link leads us a couple of places; under Do Not Mail, clicking 'online' lets us opt out of phone calls and physical door to door stuff, and the link to 'My Account' has a link near the very bottom that says "Visit Privacy Center" and you'd think that maybe this would lead to what we want... but no.  You put in your email and it gives you the option to opt into What to Watch Weekly, What to Watch Sports, Site Updates, PPV Emails, and Special Offers & Deals.

We don't want daily emails about stuff we already know and stuff we already have.  Look at this!  The two red arrows are for billing emails.. I set up autopay when I picked up my gear.  Look at the underlined ones.  Same email 2-3x.  Please make it stop.  Seeing notifications for the same email every couple of days is negative reinforcement and, like the boy crying wolf, next time I see a 'comcast' email notification pop up, I'm more likely to ignore it and might miss something truly important.  Please... Stop this.  I only want notifications about outages or overages or billing.. not this gratuitous spam.

EDIT: tried uploading the screenshot but it turned into a yellow triangle for some reason so I uploaded it to discord so I could share the nightmare with you all: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/598421922530983956/671419551275286558/unknown.png

Highlighted
New Poster

Same here, receiving unwanted spam/emails from Comcast Xfinity almost DAILY, and when I go to...

My account settings

Communications from Xfinity

Marketing and Special Offer Emails
Decide what email marketing you’d like to receive.
Set Preferences

Manage your email preferences
Please enter your email address to update your preferences

You're updating preferences for xxxxxxx@xxxxxxx
I'd like to update my email communications preferences --------- Customize what I receive
I'd like to unsubscribe from all XFINITY emails --------- Unsubscribe all

...the links don't work and if you do some internet research you will find its been this way for YEARS.

(Note: The unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails take you to the same place, doesn't work)

If I'm paying a company for their services, I shouldn't be spamed daily and/or have to spend HOURS digging around to unsubscribe from optional and/or service related emails.

Unacceptable! Why a company would do this to their paying customers is beyond comprehension!

Highlighted
New Poster

Agree, the issue with unsubscribe links being broken is ridiculous. Anyone aware of a fix at this point?