Community Forum

Unable to change notification email in my web email account.

Frequent Visitor

Unable to change notification email in my web email account.

I have changed my "notification email address" in my "community forum" settings to my other (gmail) account at least 6 times and each time it reverts back to my Comcast address within 24 hours.  I get the "verification email" and verify it.  The listing in my settings says "verified" and it shows the new notification email address (my gmail acct) but then changes back to my Comcast email within hours.

Any thought on why this is happening?

Official Employee

Re: Unable to change notification email in my web email account.

SandyIsFine, strange...have you tried basic troubleshooting like clearing cache and saved data from the forums? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

@ComcastKenF wrote:

SandyIsFine, strange...have you tried basic troubleshooting like clearing cache and saved data from the forums? 

Yep, just did it agan.  Which was why I never saw the notification for  your post.  Going to try it on onother computer, then my iPad,  and if that doesn't work on my iPhone! 

Expert

@RetiredInFl wrote:

@ComcastKenF wrote:

Yep, just did it agan.  Which was why I never saw the notification for  your post.  Going to try it on onother computer, then my iPad,  and if that doesn't work on my iPhone! 

My understanding is that that feature is not functional in the Lithium forum software right now.  I don't know if or when they intend to fix it.  In the meantime, I would suggest that you set the Comcast email account associated with your username here in the forums to auto-forward to whatever other email account you want.  

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

SandyIsFine, I was just notified that the only work around for changing the email for notifications is to set up a forward in your email to forward forums notifications to another email. If you want to change the notification email for the forums, you'd actually have to set up a completely new forums username by re registering with the new email address. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

OK, just changed it again.  This time on a laptop that has NEVER been used for anything other than my security cameras. Got the email confirmation message, confirmed it, now it says "EMAIL ADDRESS VERIFIED" and the new email is showing in my "PERSONAL INFORMATION" under "CURRENT INFORMATION" in the Xfinity Forums.   I even printed the screen so I don't think I am hallucinating later. 

Frequent Visitor

Yea, best idea.  If it's not functional it shouldn't be an available option.  Thanks.

Official Employee

Yea, best idea.  If it's not functional it shouldn't be an available option.  Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback!

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Disregard.  Test of forward

Frequent Visitor

Sorry, last time.