Community Forum

UNABLE TO RECEIVE EMAILS

New Poster

UNABLE TO RECEIVE EMAILS

I have been unable to receive any emails since 08/13/2019.  I have called comcast customer service two times on 08/15/19 about this issue.  The first rep was not helpfful at all and told me that "this is a self service issue and I can send you an article on how to set up your email", the second rep was more helpful and stayed on the phone with me for almost an hour trying to figure out the issue.  This rep sent me an email to my comcast email address and it was never received.  She also said that she had a coworker send her an email to her comcast email address and she did not receive that message either.  I have deleted and added my comcast account to my I-Phone multiple times, checked the icoming mail server settings, but nothing has helped.  I have also checked the spam settings.  I can log into my comcast email and can send messages which are being delivered but still can't receive any incoming messages.  THIS HAS TO BE A PROBELM WITH THE COMCAST SERVERS SINCE I CAN SEND MESSAGES FROM THIS EMAIL ADDRESS AND THEY ARE DELIVERED.  Can someone advise on how to fix this issue?  I have had this email address for 15 years and get multiple time-sensitive emails that I need to be able to retrieve.  

Highlighted
Expert

Re: UNABLE TO RECEIVE EMAILS

If you sign into the account using only Safari and the webmail interface on the iPhone instead of the Mail app, does the email work OK then?  Can you send yourself a test email from some other account you may have like Yahoo or  Gmail or something?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

No, it doesn’t work no matter how I sign in. I have tried the i-phone email app, safari, downloading the Comcast app, and signing in on my laptop. I have received no emails for 7 days now, but I can send emails from this email address which are being delivered. There has to be some issue with the Comcast incoming mail servers since I can send but not receive messages.
Expert

Then I am going to escalate this thread to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should see a response here soon from a Comcast employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, Bh9999! It sounds horrible that you cannot get any emails for 7 days already Smiley Sad I can definitely check your email and see what is going on. Could you please send me your first and last name in a private message? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.