Community Forum

Trying to Log In to email

Regular Contributor

Trying to Log In to email

On my desktop computer using Firefox,  as many times as not when I click on the Email Icon on Xfinity homepage to check email, it opens a new window of Xfinity home page. It is supposed to open the Email Login Page but it does not. I can't get to the Login page so that I can use my email.

What is the problem wih this? This has been an ongoing issue for a long time.

.Net Programmer
Expert

Re: Trying to Log In to email

Try clearing out your browser's cache/browsing history. When you have done that, close out the browser and re-start it in a fresh session. If that doesn't do it, then try using a different browser.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Had the same issue years ago on my Firefox browser. When I tried clicking on the email icon I'll get new window tab opened but no email.  Refreshing my browser back to defaults corrected that problem for me and had no issue since. Clearing cache and cookies is what I kept finding online for a solution but in the end, it was restoring my browser settings back to default that fixed it.

1. Select the question-mark icon at the bottom of the drop-down menu.
  2. Select 'Troubleshooting information' in the slide-out menu.
  3. Select the 'Refresh Firefox' button at the top right of the new Web page.
  4. Select 'Refresh Firefox'in the confirmation pop-up window.
Regular Contributor

It does the same thing on IE 11. I can lobin to xfinity when I come here to post a reply. I guess that's what I have to do to get looged in so that I can check email. SHEEESH!

.Net Programmer
New Poster

I am also having this problem - clicking on the email link simply takes me back to the home page. Email client works fine but cannot use webmail.

I have queried this topic and the suggested fixes do not work. Many folks are having this problem - why doesn't Comcast address it? Very frustrating.

New Poster

So I tried this again with my spouse's login. Did NOT close browser, clear cookies, etc. Webmail worked fine. Tried it again with another user account, still working - no problem. Logged in with my own account - was repeatedly redirected to the homepage like before.

I tried this on two computers with three different browsers - the result is always the same - I cannot view webmail in my account.  My email client collects my comcast email without problem, so I know the email account is working ok. How about some help Comcast?

Regular Contributor

Sometimes I can log in with the email icon, sometimes not. I'd say it's about a 50/50 chance of me getting to the login page.

This issue could be related to loading all of that content on the homepage (or failing to properly load). Sometimes if I open the homepage and leave it open for several minutes, I can then get to emai login page. This is strictly a web design issue. Whoever is doing the coding should have fixed this a long time ago.

Another question I have asked is why does a new window have to open when you click on the email icon. Why not just go stright to email without loading another webpage? No one has ever answered this question.

.Net Programmer
Expert

@Biff-Tannon wrote:

Another question I have asked is why does a new window have to open when you click on the email icon. Why not just go stright to email without loading another webpage? No one has ever answered this question.

On my Mac, using either Chrome or Firefox, clicking on the envelope icon opens a new tab, not a window.  In Chrome I can't find any way to change that.  But Firefox gives you the ability to do either way.  So maybe it's in the settings of your browser?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Contributor

Problem is why does new tab or new window have to open. When you close your email, you end up with two xfinity homepages open.

.Net Programmer
Regular Contributor

This same issue of opening up a new homepage and never getting to the the Email Login Page also happens on my cell phone running Android.

I don't get it. The guys coding these pages should be able to fix this.

.Net Programmer