Community Forum

Trouble sending and recieiving email

Highlighted
New Poster

Trouble sending and recieiving email

I have been unable to send and receive email all day. Worked fine yesterday. Keeps asking me to verify my 2 comcast email accounts. I'm in 98028. Using Outlook. I have tried at home and at Starbucks. I have tried a second computer and get the same result. I also see error 0x800CCC0F,

0x000CCC0E

Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Trouble sending and recieiving email

I have been unable to send email for two days. Incoming email is ok. I receive this error.

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [<Edited>] (550 - 550 5.1.1 <Edited> recipient not available

The incoming email is ok on my laptop, my IPhone and my IPad but cannot send email on any device

Highlighted
New Poster

I keep getting prompted for a password and says the SMTP server is getting dropped.

Highlighted
Expert

@hsmaier9912 wrote:

I have been unable to send email for two days. Incoming email is ok. I receive this error.

Message could not be sent to the following recipients: [<Edited>] (550 - 550 5.1.1 <Edited> recipient not available

The incoming email is ok on my laptop, my IPhone and my IPad but cannot send email on any device

550 series error messages usually inditcate something is wrong with the address you are sending to.  Check it to make sure there isn't a typo in it.  Also, if you are sending to a group, if one of the addresses is bad it can prevent all the others from getting the email too.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

After spending a few hours on the phone with Xfinity Tier 2 support I can now send emails out only from the Xfinity website and mail but cannot send an email to myself, only others

I cannot send out any emails from my IPhone and IPad either

I cannot send out any emails from outlook on my laptop either

Spent over an hour with Microsoft Support and they are escalatting the issue to their tier 2 support

This all started yesterday morning when emails remained in my outlook outbox

I couldn't send any emails but incoming emails are okay

The outgoing smtp.comcast.net server will not accept my password but I can ping it and receive a response. This is the same password that the incoming imap.comcast server accepts.

Highlighted
Expert

@hsmaier9912 wrote:

After spending a few hours on the phone with Xfinity Tier 2 support I can now send emails out only from the Xfinity website and mail but cannot send an email to myself, only others

Are you sure you don't have auto-forwarding endabled to send  your emails to some other account?

I cannot send out any emails from my IPhone and IPad either

When you try to send from the phone or the iPad are you getting any error message?  Are you using only the webmail and Safari, or the Mail app that comes in iOS?

I cannot send out any emails from outlook on my laptop either

Spent over an hour with Microsoft Support and they are escalatting the issue to their tier 2 support

This all started yesterday morning when emails remained in my outlook outbox

I couldn't send any emails but incoming emails are okay

The outgoing smtp.comcast.net server will not accept my password but I can ping it and receive a response. This is the same password that the incoming imap.comcast server accepts.

Try deleting the account from Outlook and then recreating it again from scratch.  Let Outlook auto-configure it for you after you input your ID and password

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

Why is my email question being hijacked by a differtent problem?

Highlighted
Expert

@shutoutinseattl wrote:

Why is my email question being hijacked by a differtent problem?

This is the first post you've made under this username.  Did you have another username in the forum?

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes.I am OP,Bluehair. I'm having a bit of trouble adapting to this message system. In any case, the I posted the original post

Highlighted
Expert

@shutoutinseattl wrote:

Yes.I am OP,Bluehair. I'm having a bit of trouble adapting to this message system. In any case, the I posted the original post

You should continue to sign in with your original username to avoid confusion.