Community Forum

Transfer E-Mail from one Comcast.net account to another?

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Transfer E-Mail from one Comcast.net account to another?

I was wondering if it is possible to transfer your e-mail on XFINITY Connect to another account on XFINITY Connect? I am thinking about changing my e-mail address and was curious how to move all my e-mails over from my old address to the new one? 

Tek
Expert

Re: Transfer E-Mail from one Comcast.net account to another?

Create the new email address by setting up a secondary account.  For that see here-----------------

You can have up to 6 secondary accounts in addition to your Primary. Here are the instructions-------

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/adding-new-user-names-or-email-addresses/

You would then want to make the secondary your Primary account, by using these instructions----------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/change-your-primary-account-user

Once that is done, you should be able to migrate your email to any other account, including another Comcast address by using this----------------

Use Import.xfinity.com to Migrate Emails and Contacts to Comcast Email Account

It's been a long time since I tried it myself though.  But it should work.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

How well does the import tool work? Very concerned I could lose my important emails.

Also, is there a way to move my Comcast forum name to the new Comcast email?
Tek
Expert

@Tek wrote:
How well does the import tool work? Very concerned I could lose my important emails.

Also, is there a way to move my Comcast forum name to the new Comcast email?

When you  use the migration tool, it just copies the emails.  It doesn't delete anything.  As long as you don't delete the old emal user ID, you should be good.  As for  the forum------no, your forum name is associated with whatever email you used to register it, and it can't be changed as far as I know.  You would either have to keep the old one in use, or start from scratch with the new one.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!