Community Forum

Thunderbird e-mail

New Poster

Thunderbird e-mail

New to Comcast, I am trying to configure Mozilla Thunderbird to use in Comcast e-mail, much as I used it in Verizon e-mail earlier.

It's not hard to follow all the directions, but when I click"re-test" near the end, the two 'Authentication' entries revert from "autodetect" to "Normal password".

Two questions arise:

1) Will the use of 'normal password' mean anything more than a requirement to login before I receive and (again) before I sed any mail? and

2) Does the automatic change of authentication entries mean something is fishy with the program?

Thanks for any interest or suggestions; answers would be most appreciated, and right answers may be beyond my capacity to deal.

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Thunderbird e-mail

@andrewholliday wrote:

New to Comcast, I am trying to configure Mozilla Thunderbird to use in Comcast e-mail, much as I used it in Verizon e-mail earlier.

It's not hard to follow all the directions, but when I click"re-test" near the end, the two 'Authentication' entries revert from "autodetect" to "Normal password".

Two questions arise:

1) Will the use of 'normal password' mean anything more than a requirement to login before I receive and (again) before I sed any mail? and

2) Does the automatic change of authentication entries mean something is fishy with the program?

Thanks for any interest or suggestions; answers would be most appreciated, and right answers may be beyond my capacity to deal.

Nothing is fishy with the program.  Enter your password [Normal password] and Thunderbird will ask if you want to save it so you won't have to enter it again.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
New Poster

Re: Thunderbird e-mail

Thanks for the reply.  I boldly went where I had not gone before and assumed it was all OK (after checking some more sources).  Ignoring it, it seems to work just fine.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.