Community Forum

Throttled - Try again later

New Poster

Throttled - Try again later

I have a client that runs eCommerce stores selling merchandise so they send out a decent amount of email (Order confirmations, responses to questions, etc).  Email is sent by a 3rd party provider.  As of last week (~7/19) they began receiving bounce back messages with the error of “Throttled – try again later”.  In my research, I ran across this post by a Comcast Employee, @ComcastAntiSpam  indicating that it was a newer system and they had altered some variables on their end.

https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Email-Web-Browsing/Mail-Server-Throttling-and-Connection-Problems/td-p...

The Comcast employee responded that they can send some additional information via DM that may also help.  Can someone send me that information?

Is there anything that can be done on the Comcast side to help with this problem?  It appears as though my client isn’t the only one.

Thank you,

Official Employee

Re: Throttled - Try again later

I'll send you a DM in a moment.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!