Community Forum

Texts/Photos not coming in on email

thebeans
Frequent Visitor

Texts/Photos not coming in on email

I haven't ever had any issue sending photos or emails from my iPhone to our home email address.  Now, for some unknown reason, the photos and emails sent from my iPhone are going out but never making it in to Comcast/Xfinity's end---why?  I have gone thru the security settings and made sure that 3rd party access is un-checked so that there isn't any kind of block, but nothing has changed.  I've tried sending photos to our Comcast email account (again, from my iPhone) in various sizes, thinking it might be a size-allowed issue but none of the sizes I sent out ever came in to my email.

As a backup test, I did the same thing (sending photos of various sizes from my iPhone) to another email account, this time on Yahoo, and the problem is the same.  We have called T-Mobile and spent a great deal of time on the phone with them and they have assured us that the problem is on Comcast's end since the tests went out thru their server network.

How do I get this corrected?  It hasn't ever been a problem before and I'm running out of patience trying to get something fixed that should've remained a non-problem to begin with.

Again
Expert

Re: Texts/Photos not coming in on email

@thebeans wrote:

I haven't ever had any issue sending photos or emails from my iPhone to our home email address.  Now, for some unknown reason, the photos and emails sent from my iPhone are going out but never making it in to Comcast/Xfinity's end---why?  I have gone thru the security settings and made sure that 3rd party access is un-checked so that there isn't any kind of block, but nothing has changed.  I've tried sending photos to our Comcast email account (again, from my iPhone) in various sizes, thinking it might be a size-allowed issue but none of the sizes I sent out ever came in to my email.

As a backup test, I did the same thing (sending photos of various sizes from my iPhone) to another email account, this time on Yahoo, and the problem is the same.  We have called T-Mobile and spent a great deal of time on the phone with them and they have assured us that the problem is on Comcast's end since the tests went out thru their server network.

How do I get this corrected?  It hasn't ever been a problem before and I'm running out of patience trying to get something fixed that should've remained a non-problem to begin with.

If your texts and photos aren't showing up in Yahoo, either, how is this a Comcast problem?  Is your phone service through T-Mobile?  If so, it sounds to me more like a T-Mobile problem.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!