Community Forum

Steam Store Not Loading Correctly

New Poster

Steam Store Not Loading Correctly

About a week ago, I started to have loading issues with store.Steampowered.com loading correctly. None of the images will loal, it is only text and most of the links don't work at all.  I have uninstalled/reinstalled Steam, cleared cache in both the Steam Client and my web-brower, tried the portforwarding setting, looked up and followed all the suggested troubleshooting tips, tried two other web-browers, removed my virus scanner and deactivated the firewall on the gateway. 

I know it is an issued with Comcast, because if I use my phone to go the store.Steampowered.com, I have not issue seeing the page.

New Poster

Re: Steam Store Not Loading Correctly

I just noticed the same issue today.  I was on the phone with a comcast rep and he coud not figure it out.  Irronically, I can access the same webpage through my Verizon Hot Spot and Verizon Cell Phone.  So I'm certain the issue is perhaps on the comcast DNS side.

New Poster

Re: Steam Store Not Loading Correctly

Ok.  Found a solution on another thread.  Try turning off "Protected Browsing" through Xfi.  This worked for me.  For some reason the Steam Store is blocked.