Community Forum

Spam

Highlighted
Contributor

Spam

I have an item that keeps coming up in my spam folder that is not spam.  I have even put that address in my address book.

How can I get this email in my regular inbox?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Spam

Adding a sender to your address book doesn't help, because Comcast doesn't check it when deciding whether or not to consider a message as spam. There's no way you can "unspam" (or "whitelist") a sender yourself. They should provide one, but they don't. The "Not Spam" function takes a lot of clicking on a lot of messages to perhaps stop future messages from being filtered. And filter rules won't work because they only operate on mail delivered to the Inbox, not to the Spam folder.

If an employee doesn't respond here in the Forums, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help if it's just one or two addresses. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful, so you may need to be persistent and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Without their help, the only thing you can do to prevent messages from going to the spam folder is to turn spam filtering off completely so that everything they deliver is placed in the Inbox.

Official Employee

Hi, ericsmom. BruceW is right. You can also mark the email as Not Spam and also see this link for more information that may help: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Your link is broken. I have a similar issue. I accidentally marked *all* email in my inbox as "spam" instead of "read". I quickly went into the spam folder and marked everything as "not spam", but the damage was already done. I'm finding I have automatically opted out of emails I wish to receive and important documents are being rejected because I marked them as spam. Received 3 snail-mail letters yesterday telling me this. Now about the only thing coming into my inbox, even after opting back in, are from senders that were not in my inbox when all this happened. And, yes, I did work with an Xfinity agent who, after several consultations with others, could only tell me to turn off my spam filter, which hasn't made any difference. How do I clear out my spam list and start all over? If Xfinity can't help me I'll have no alternative than to drop Comast emails and go with gmail.

Expert

@CraigDW wrote:

Your link is broken. I have a similar issue. I accidentally marked *all* email in my inbox as "spam" instead of "read". I quickly went into the spam folder and marked everything as "not spam", but the damage was already done. I'm finding I have automatically opted out of emails I wish to receive and important documents are being rejected because I marked them as spam. Received 3 snail-mail letters yesterday telling me this. Now about the only thing coming into my inbox, even after opting back in, are from senders that were not in my inbox when all this happened. And, yes, I did work with an Xfinity agent who, after several consultations with others, could only tell me to turn off my spam filter, which hasn't made any difference. How do I clear out my spam list and start all over? If Xfinity can't help me I'll have no alternative than to drop Comast emails and go with gmail.

Corrected link

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!