Community Forum

Spam Folder

Regular Visitor

Spam Folder

How do I keep specific emails out of the spam folder?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Spam Folder

Comcast should offer a way to do that, but they don't.   Smiley Sad

If it's only happening for one sender, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Otherwise the only thing you can do is turn off spam filtering completely so that everything they deliver is placed in the Inbox. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking or https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience shows where to find the setting.

New Poster

Re: Spam Folder

I have the same problem.  Approximately 50 regular emails a week are going into my spam folder, including emails from Comcast.  It doesn't matter how many times I mark them as not spam.  I have had numerous calls with Comcast over the last month and the only suggestion is to disable the spam filter. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: When I send email to myself from my laptop to my laptop, it goes into spam.....

I often email myself to keep a topic close to top of messages but it is going into the spam folder, now.. New occurance today,  Jan 7, 2019

Expert

Re: When I send email to myself from my laptop to my laptop, it goes into spam.....

@Ineedhelp1 wrote:

I often email myself to keep a topic close to top of messages but it is going into the spam folder, now.. New occurance today,  Jan 7, 2019

Why not just "pin" the topic to the top of the forum?  Under Options, scroll down until you see "Float this Topic for Current User".  Then when you return to that specific forum you will see if there are new posts there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@Again wrote:

@Ineedhelp1 wrote:

Why not just "pin" the topic to the top of the forum?  Under Options, scroll down until you see "Float this Topic for Current User".  Then when you return to that specific forum you will see if there are new posts there.

The reply is a non sequitur. The question is amout email messages, the reply is about Forum messages.

Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@Again wrote:

@Ineedhelp1 wrote:

The reply is a non sequitur. The question is amout email messages, the reply is about Forum messages.

And?  He has Notifications set up so that when someone replies to a thread he's interested in he gets an email that is now going to the spam folder.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!