Community Forum

Spam Folder

Regular Visitor

Spam Folder

How do I keep specific emails out of the spam folder?
Gold Problem Solver

Re: Spam Folder

Comcast should offer a way to do that, but they don't.   Smiley Sad

If it's only happening for one sender, Comcast Security Assurance might be able to help. Give them a call at 1-888-565-4329 (from http://constantguard.comcast.net/help/report-abuse/). Note that this is NOT one of the general customer service numbers. The first-line reps there are sometimes not very helpful. If so, be persistent, and keep at them until you get a satisfactory answer.

Otherwise the only thing you can do is turn off spam filtering completely so that everything they deliver is placed in the Inbox. https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking or https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/spam-filters-and-email-blocking-new-experience shows where to find the setting.

Regular Visitor

I have the same problem.  Approximately 50 regular emails a week are going into my spam folder, including emails from Comcast.  It doesn't matter how many times I mark them as not spam.  I have had numerous calls with Comcast over the last month and the only suggestion is to disable the spam filter. 

Frequent Visitor

Re: When I send email to myself from my laptop to my laptop, it goes into spam.....

I often email myself to keep a topic close to top of messages but it is going into the spam folder, now.. New occurance today,  Jan 7, 2019

Expert

Re: When I send email to myself from my laptop to my laptop, it goes into spam.....

@Ineedhelp1 wrote:

I often email myself to keep a topic close to top of messages but it is going into the spam folder, now.. New occurance today,  Jan 7, 2019

Why not just "pin" the topic to the top of the forum?  Under Options, scroll down until you see "Float this Topic for Current User".  Then when you return to that specific forum you will see if there are new posts there.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Gold Problem Solver

@Again wrote:

@Ineedhelp1 wrote:

Why not just "pin" the topic to the top of the forum?  Under Options, scroll down until you see "Float this Topic for Current User".  Then when you return to that specific forum you will see if there are new posts there.

The reply is a non sequitur. The question is amout email messages, the reply is about Forum messages.

Expert

@BruceW wrote:

@Again wrote:

@Ineedhelp1 wrote:

The reply is a non sequitur. The question is amout email messages, the reply is about Forum messages.

And?  He has Notifications set up so that when someone replies to a thread he's interested in he gets an email that is now going to the spam folder.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

This is exactly my problem as well.  Is there really no answer other than turn off the spam filter? Why is there a spam folder at all? It doesn't do anything. I get phishing emails in my in-box all the time. Which I report to Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I still get spam from all the same vendors also, Now Spam folder says it is full and I am unable to send any more emails to the Spam folder. So how do you empty the Spam folder?

Regular Visitor

I thought the Comcast "solution" to disable the spam filter was ridiculous, but I did it months ago after multiple unsuccessful calls to have the issue fixed.  It's been quite a while since I disabled the filter and now actual spam emails go right into my inbox.  I wonder why Comcast has a spam filter at all.  Just to see if anything has changed, I enabled the spam filter today, and within minutes 2 legitimate emails went into the spam filter, including one a readable voice mail from Xfinity.  That's ridiculous as multiple Comcast employees stated that if enough people mark an email as spam, that's how Comcast will handle it.  Makes no sense for people to mark readable voicemail as spam since they have to opt in to receive them.  It's all very frustrating.

New Poster

I spent 7 hours yesterday trying to get help from Comcast to remove emails from my spam folder that don't belong there.  I got no help.  The agents at comcast / xfinity have no clue how to do this.  I am about to canccel my xfinity account over this.  I must be able to remove email that are now being blocked.  This is just insanely crazy!  

Regular Visitor

Did you ever hear back from Comcast?  I'm missing emails that may have gone to my spam folder, but since I can't see the contents, I have no idea.  I can't whitelist addresses I can't see!  I had "keep all emails" clicked but not one has shown up in my spam folder.  I've talked to 6 people now, been assured that my ticket has been escalated, but the two callbacks I got directed me back to the general support menu.  Clearly, there is a whole lot of frustration.   Just curious if it ever got solved.

Official Employee

Hey all, 

To keep your emails out of the spam folder that has been sent there, please make these adjustments in the XFINITY Connect web portal or app. Please have the spam filter enabled, "Save a copy" marked in the spam filter settings, and when your email is sent to the spam, please open the email and select the option to mark it as not spam. It may take a few times for the algorithm to update, but the system will need to "relearn" what is spam and what is not. For whatever reason, the email server tagged your email as spam which is why it is going to that folder. It then needs to be taught that it is not spam. 

Check this out for more details: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/mark-email-as-spam-xfinity-connect

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

Shannon, unfortunately, the Comcast fix was to disable the spam filter.  After months of trying to find a solution, I finally gave up and disabled it.  That's the only way to keep both legitimate and spam emails out of the spam folder.  Until then, I had no idea how many legitimate emails went into my spam folder erroniously because they disappear after a month.  As you say, you don't know it's missing if you don't see it.  I can also tell you that the advice to train the system by marking emails as spam or not spam does not work.  For example, no matter how many times I marked Xfinity emails as not spam, they still went into the spam folder.  Good luck.

New Poster

Checking a message as not spam does not work. I have a client has been emailing me. Every single email they send goes into my spam folder. I have checked these emails as "Not Spam" at leaset 100 times to no avail. New emails from them keep ending up in my spam folder. Very frustrating and unfortunatly, I will have to swith my email over to Gmail.