Community Forum

Sorting eMail addresses

Regular Visitor

Sorting eMail addresses

Is there any way to change the order that my emails appear?  I would like to have them sorted as to importance.  Also is there a way to give the first email a name?  As it is now, it is listed as "inbox"  I would like to have my email address appear there instead.

Expert

Re: Sorting eMail addresses

You need to clarify what you mean by "addresses".   Are you referring to the email messages in the Inbox list, or to the list of folders in the left pane or what?

Regular Visitor

I am trying to sort the folders on the left.  I have quite a few email addresses and some are very important and I would like them listed first and the ones that are not so important listed further down.  I was able to do this in Outlook but not Thunderbird.  So far I am liking the infinity email, especially over Microsoft Mail.  

Expert

The folders will display alphabetically by default.  If you don't want them alphabetical, put a number as the first character in each folder name and they will display in that sequence-- ie: 1--2--3--4-- and so on.  To rename them right-click on the folder and then on "Rename".