Community Forum

Sorry you left Xfinity Message?

Valued Contributor

Sorry you left Xfinity Message?

My wife has a Comcast email from her old address on a closed account.  She continued to use that email for years while we maintained a separate Xfinity account at our home.

Tonight, I invited her to our account from the primary ID on our active Xfinity account so she can use her normal email login to use our services. 

When I went to check my email on the Connect app I got a message saying Sorry you left, Xfinity, but you can keep your email address.  Agree to the terms and conditions. 

Why did I get this message?  I didn't close my account.

Is this a glitch because I invited a email address on a closed account?

Confused... 

Screenshot attached. Top chopped off to protect my info. 

Tek
Screenshot_20190622-222008_Xfinity Connect~2.jpg
Expert

Re: Sorry you left Xfinity Message?

Hello again.  My sense of this is that your wife's old account is what triggered this message, as you suspect.  It looks legitimate.  You didn't  say how long ago that other account was closed, but keep in mind that up until about 2 1/2 years or so ago, if you cancelled service, you lost the email account and everything in it.  The new policy is that you can keep the email functioning even after leaving Comcast.  You just have to sign into it at least once every 9 months to  keep it  active.  I would call Comcast security and see if they can explain exactly what happened-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

For more information on the email policy for former customers, see here----------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/using-email-only
See also---------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-activity

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Happens every time I log in now. Called support and they have no clue why....

Tek
Expert

@Tek wrote:

Happens every time I log in now. Called support and they have no clue why....

Then I am going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  You should see a response here in this thread.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

Thank you!  When my wife logs into My Account she is now associated with both her cancelled account from a previous address and my account.

However, I still get the message on my user IDs, which were only ever associated with my account and my account has never been closed. 

The phone rep ended-up deleting my wife's e-mail and then having to restore it. Very scarey. 

Maybe is they are able to just transfer my wife's e-mail fully to my account and unassociate it with the cancelled account then everything will be fixed? 

Tek
Valued Contributor

@Latoque wrote:

Hello again.  My sense of this is that your wife's old account is what triggered this message, as you suspect.  It looks legitimate.  You didn't  say how long ago that other account was closed, but keep in mind that up until about 2 1/2 years or so ago, if you cancelled service, you lost the email account and everything in it.  The new policy is that you can keep the email functioning even after leaving Comcast.  You just have to sign into it at least once every 9 months to  keep it  active.  I would call Comcast security and see if they can explain exactly what happened-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

For more information on the email policy for former customers, see here----------

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/using-email-only
See also---------------

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-activity

I called the number and held for 32 minutes so far. Are they open Sunday? 

EDIT: 47 minutes to get through! 

Tek
Valued Contributor

One hour and 30 minutes later they don't know whats going on either. Escalted. 

Have to wait several business days. : (

Tek
Official Employee

Hi Tek. Appreciate you posting. Sorry to hear about the discrepancies with her username that you're experiencing. You're likely getting the message because of her username still be associated with a disconnected account. If you'd like us to ensure that it's successfully moved over to your account, we can do that. We can also unlink her username from the old account so that you stop receiving that error message. It sounds like you already have a request open, so I will check that too. Go ahead and send me a private message with your name and we can continue from there. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

Sent all the info. Thank you!

Tek
Official Employee

Tek, of course! I see your message. I'm getting everything pulled up on my end now and I will reply to your PM momentarily. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Valued Contributor

Still having issues today. XFINITY Security called me on Monday and said they would call me right back and never did.... 

Maybe this message is a sign I should leave XFINITY.... : \

Tek
Official Employee

Hi again, Tek. I was told on Thursday that our Security Assurance team is still working on this. I will continue to keep in touch with you on this. 

Valued Contributor

They called today. Disconnecting the ID from the closed account did not fix the issue. 

They did re-syncs and now have to escalate to engineer team to figure out why this is happening.

Thank you for the follow-up. 

Tek