Community Forum

Slow Comcast.net email issue 07/31/2018

Administrator

Slow Comcast.net email issue 07/31/2018

**UPDATE 04:36 PM EST**

One of our data centers was experiencing high latency and the other servers were trying to keep up with the extra traffic until we could resolve that. We were able to resolve the issue and the system recovered. We've updated some of our procedures to keep this from happening again. All issues should be resolved now

Thank you for your understanding.

**Original Message**

We are aware of an issue impacting Comcast customer emails. Some users have reported experiencing delays when attempting to load their Comcast.net email.

If you are experiencing this issue we apologize for the inconvenience and our engineers are working hard to get this resolved as soon as possible.

We have had some users report that they are better able to access their email after clearing their cache and cookies of their web browser.

Thanks in advance for your patience as we work to resolve this.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Re: Slow Comcast.net email issue 07/31/2018

In looking at the various steps of the process as it continues to spin up and URL changes, looking at source code it comes down to a javascript error for me. I'm on an iMac (which loathes java).

Highlighted
New Poster

I've been having this problem for weeks and it has gotten to the point where It's almost unusable.  It's not cache or cookie related.  Often it times out before accessing my email,  I need a solution fast or I'm going to have to find an alternative.

New Poster

I agree completely. The experience is horrendous, and has been for over a year now. Why is no one from Comcast addressing this?

New Poster

Let's compare notes.  My Comcast email is slow to load, often timing out.  Then if I try to reply or compose that is often slow also.  No issues with speed anywhere else.

Official Employee

All - 

Thank you for reaching out. If you're still experiencing issues with your Comcast email, please feel free to send me a PM with your first and last name. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!