Community Forum

Set up mew email address

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Set up mew email address

Currently, I have two xxx@comcast.net email addresses associated with my account. How do I set up a third xxx@comcast.net address?

Highlighted
Problem Solver

Re: Set up mew email address

@SteveAreno wrote:

Currently, I have two xxx@comcast.net email addresses associated with my account. How do I set up a third xxx@comcast.net address?

Add a new user to your account.  The user name is the xxx in the email address.

Joe V
(not a Comcast employee, just another paying customer)
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks Joe V for your response. I did as instructed but get the following warning "Validation of server imap.comcast.net filed due to invalid credentials". Not sure how to correct this error. Any help would be appreciated!

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@SteveAreno wrote:

Thanks Joe V for your response. I did as instructed but get the following warning "Validation of server imap.comcast.net filed due to invalid credentials". Not sure how to correct this error. Any help would be appreciated!

Are you using the login/password for the new user you created as the credentials?

Joe V
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I'm using my primary account user name and password.

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@SteveAreno wrote:

I'm using my primary account user name and password.

Where are you getting the 'imap' error message?  If you're setting up or trying to access the email for your new user account you probably have to use the username/password for THAT user account.

Joe V
Highlighted
Expert

@SteveAreno

Have you already created the new email?

Are you also using an email client?

To create a new user ID [email address], log in to https://customer.xfinity.com/#/users, then scroll down and click on "Add a New User"and follow the directions. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!