Community Forum

Sending of password for user xxxxxxxx@comcast.net did not succeed

aluminum
Frequent Visitor

Sending of password for user xxxxxxxx@comcast.net did not succeed

Over the last month or so I have been experiencing an intermittent problem with my outgoing email (I use Thunderbird).  I have to turn off my VPN (Private Internet Access) to get the email client to work.  This does not happen all of the time and I have just recently been experiencing this specific error with outgoing email.  As a temporary solution, since it seems to be the VPN servers that are causing the problem, I disconnect the VPN and I can then send email.  I am using the Comcast email servers for my SMTP service.

The error message (which appears when I attempt to connect using Thunderbird) is:

Sending of password for user XXX@comcast.net did not succeed. Mail server mail.comcast.net responded: Your IP is on a blocklist, for more details please go to https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/194.59.251.58

When I visited Spamous and entered the IP, it reported that "...194.59.251.58 is listed in the XBL, because it appears in: CBL Lookup..."  (whatever that means)

I also got this message: 

Sending of password for user xxxxxxxx@comcast.net did not succeed. Mail server mail.comcast.net responded: Your IP is on a blocklist, for more details please go to https://www.spamhaus.org/query/ip/70.32.0.77

Again, I checked the Spamhous site and it reported, however, that the IP address was NOT included in the SBL, PBL, nor XBL (whatever they are).  I assume that this means that Spamhous doesn't have a good reason for whey the IP was blocked.

I include the details about the Spamhous in case that helps with resolving the issue.

Any ideas how this can be resolved?

ComcastCSAEmail
Official Employee

Re: Sending of password for user xxxxxxxx@comcast.net did not succeed

@aluminum i've sent you a PM

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!