Community Forum

Security flaw - Emails automatically open when selected.

Frequent Visitor

Security flaw - Emails automatically open when selected.

I went through a chat session and there doesn't appear to be a way to change email settings to open emails with a double-click instead of a single-click. Right-clicking opens them too. If I only want to delete an email without opening it I can't. Didn't Comcast test this system before putting it into operation? The error is obvious, I noticed it immediately.

Expert

Re: Security flaw - Emails automatically open when selected.

It is neither a flaw nor an error.  If you want to delete a message without opening it, check the box to the left of it, then hit the trashcan icon in the toolbar.  If you "select" the message it will open to read it.  That is what is supposed to happen.

Frequent Visitor

I'm wonder how many of the customers using comcast email prefer (and are used to) selecting the email and then deleting it. I've talked to other people who complained about the same problem, so even if you don't think it's a flaw - your customers do.

Frequent Visitor

I tried this fix and it did delete the email without opening it. Then the selection moved to the next email down and opened it automatically.

New Poster

If you click beside an email to delete, it will delete that one and automatically open the next one.