Community Forum

Secondary emails accounts not being refreshed.

Frequent Visitor

Secondary emails accounts not being refreshed.

Ok, I got the emails from Xfinity in October saying sometime in November 2017 the Connect App version would stop loading new emails sent to any secondary email accounts I have off of my primary email. However, the email said, and I quote   "However, these emails will be available online at connect.xfinity.com."

Well, I am acccessing that site from my home PC and new emails sent to secondary emails are NOT beong displayed. And Yes, I have clicked the "Refresh Inbox button.  HELP

Expert

Re: Secondary emails accounts not being refreshed.

I have not seen the email from Comcast you describe.  I have two secondary accounts right now and have had them for a long time.  They continue to function normally.  Did you try sending a test email to that account from another, non-Comcast, account you have like Yahoo or Gmail etc?

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I have sent test emails to my secondary email accounts
Official Employee

Please make sure you are scrolling down your folder list far enough to the secondary accounts and under Add mail account and not just checking the archive folders that are under My folders. 

You should be prompted to re-authenticate with your secondary passwords. 

Expert

Did you check your "Safe List" for the account in question?  If that is enabled it would explain why nothing is going through.  On the Inbox page click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page, then on Settings>>>>>>Advanced Settings to check it.  If it's on you need to disable it.  About the only other thing I can suggest then is that you call Comcast security and ask them to look at your account-----------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

Frequent Visitor

Use Safe List  was not checked  i.e. not enabled so that would not be the reason

Frequent Visitor

Your suggestion helped me solve the problem.My  secondary folders were not displayed down below the folders. However I went ahead and added them  all again via "add mail account"  and it worked (maybe that is what you were saying to do). Anyways, it did take a minute for the Inbox and other subfolders for the accounts to setup advice to others  be patient when you do this.

All in all, a bit of a cluster. I don't recall any Xfiinity emails saying I would need to do this. Plus, why the heck couldn't all this have been done automatically for me as part of the Xfinity mail upgrade.