Community Forum

Secondary Email Accounts Suddenly Disappeared the evening of 4/18.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Secondary Email Accounts Suddenly Disappeared the evening of 4/18.

I have had 2 email addresses with Comcast since 2004.  Suddenly on the evening of 4/18, both accounts stopped working.  So far I have had 2 chat sessions and 3 phone calls with different people. None have been able to obtain access to my lost accounts.  Facts: 

1. My primary account (established in 2008 after last move) still active. 

2. First missing secondary account does not show up under my main account log in as a user, but I am able to get emails on devices and through Apple Mail.

3. Second missing secondary account (AND MY PRIMARY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR THE LAST 15 YEARS) shows up (after rep had me add new account and open it again, then another rep had me delete it from my account and from my apple mail and iphones, then another said to re-add it (which was not permitted and required me to contact chat or phone for a verification code), made it appear again with unrestricted secondary access but still no email.  Chat said that my email would be available after 24 hours because he sent a re-set email code.  

4. 30 hours later, I still cannot access email through app, apple mail or the web site. Also the email icon does not indicate any that email is present. When I try and log on via the website and click the email icon, I still get caught in the endless loop back to "https://my.xfinity.com/?cid=cust".  

5.  When I try and add the 2nd secondary account to apple mail I get the error "unable to verify account name or password".  Same error on iphone. 

So after 5 different representatives have attempted to "fix" this problem, I still have one account that does not show up under my primary account log in.  I can get mail through apple mail and my iphone but when I try and use it to log in online I get "We are having some trouble connecting to My Account".  For my other secondary account (and MY PRIMARY EMAIL ACCOUNT) I can log in and I can get to my account information but I have no email access at all and I have still lost all of my email.  Please help.  

**It appears as though ComcastMorgan fixed this for Imemapace738 in November of 2018 so apparently I am not the only one with this problem.  I am hopeful that someone can solve this for me ASAP. **

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Secondary Email Accounts Suddenly Disappeared the evening of 4/18.

Can you clarify-------you have the primary account plus two secondaries----is that right?  If you sign into the primary account, then click on "My account" does it open your settings?  On that landing page, at the top, what happens if you click on "Users"?  Can you not see the two secondaries listed?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

The account shows as "unrestricted secondary" on the list of accounts.  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

One of the accounts shows as an unrestricted secondary - the one without email and the one that gets caught in the infinite loop when you click on email.  

The other secondary does not show as. user at all. This is the one where I can get email from Apple Mail on Mac and from iPhone but I cannot log in via the Xfinity site because it says the account cannot be found. 

Highlighted
Expert

@asue76 wrote:

One of the accounts shows as an unrestricted secondary - the one without email and the one that gets caught in the infinite loop when you click on email.  

The other secondary does not show as. user at all. This is the one where I can get email from Apple Mail on Mac and from iPhone but I cannot log in via the Xfinity site because it says the account cannot be found. 

For the account that shows as "Unrestricted", exactly what happens when you try to sign into it using only the webmail and your browser?  Are you getting any error message?

For the other secondary, can you sign into it using only the webmail interface and the browser?  If not, are you getting any error message?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No error message.  It just loops you back to my.xifinity.com no matter how you try and get to email.  Using the email icon, using xfinityconnect.email.comcast.com, etc.  No matter what you click or where you try and go you end up back on the my.xfinity.com web page.  I have cleared all cookies and all browser history associated with xfinity as well.  I have also tried browsers other than safari - same result.  

Highlighted
Expert

Then I am going to escalate this to the forum admins for follow-up.  This sounds like a "looping" problem some people had recently.  You should see a response from a Comcast employee here in this thread.

Highlighted
Official Employee

asue76, I just responded to your PM regarding the email issues you're running into. Please get back to me there when you can. Thank you! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thank you. 

Highlighted
New Poster

I am suffering from this looping problem as well. Restricted secondary user account-- I can log in but clicking email icon, or check mail button always pops up another home page. I have had 6 phone calls and been given 4 case numbers that no one seems to recognize when I tell them.  Each time I call they go through the same scripted troubleshooting techniques... clear cookies, different browers, reboots, refreshs, you name it.

My primary account works fine on all platforms. 

I still have old emails on all devices up to 4/25/2019. Nothing after that.

HELP!!!! Please!

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

They got it fixed for me yesterday! All email is back.  The forum put in a ticket and then they called on the ticket. She pulled the email account and then reset it and 40 mins later - all email was back.  Ours was under an old account number from prior to 2008 but they got it and they are both now working and linked with our current account. Post a new thread and they should be able to get you to the right person. I had a much better experience through the forum than the call in assistance.  You can also send an email to an official Comcast employee through the forum.  ComcastAlly Zach Matt and some others worked on mine.  I lost my old login to the forum when she reset the account so I am under a new one now. 

Admin1

Hello JAZR. Thank you for letting us know this issue has been resolved! Thank you for working with us on this. 

Hello asure76. I checked on your support ticket and the worklog says a member of our support was able to speak with and resolve this email problem. Thank you for alerting us to this problem and for working with us while we worked to get this resolved. Please let us know if anything else comes up and we'll assist.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.