Community Forum

Searching emails using keywords not working

New Poster

Searching emails using keywords not working

Suddenly I can no longer search using keywords on my iphone; for example, I use to be able to type in AUS and find anything I have in my inbox (email text with AUS); this no longer works. 

Expert

Re: Searching emails using keywords not working

I just tried mine using Safari and it works OK for me.  Try signing out of the account and back in again.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

I never sign out of email on my Iphone - my Comcast accouts are set up on my phone so that I never have to log out or log in- always accessible via mail app, via Safari.  

I just tried to use the search on my iphone to type Fredericks, and it produced only 2 results of which I was expecting it to produce more.  So, I went to my laptop and did the same on my Comcast email, typing Fredericks, and it produced the results I was expecting.  On the laptop it shows the following, see picture, and I just hit enter after typing Fredericks not chosing any of the "in subject or in mail text".  

On my iphone, see picture, you can see when typing Fredericks what the choices are as well.  I click search, not chosing any particular search such as "subject contains...,etc". I am not getting the same search results on the iphone that I use to get.  

I am on iOS 12.2, recently updated a few days ago, and not sure if that is the issue/bug.  My husband has a dated version(10) of iOS also doing the same actions on his iphone and his search results are producing what is expected.  laptop image.JPGlaptop imageiPhone search.jpg

Expert

@AMKM wrote:

I never sign out of email on my Iphone - my Comcast accouts are set up on my phone so that I never have to log out or log in- always accessible via mail app, via Safari.  

I just tried to use the search on my iphone to type Fredericks, and it produced only 2 results of which I was expecting it to produce more.  So, I went to my laptop and did the same on my Comcast email, typing Fredericks, and it produced the results I was expecting.  On the laptop it shows the following, see picture, and I just hit enter after typing Fredericks not chosing any of the "in subject or in mail text".  

On my iphone, see picture, you can see when typing Fredericks what the choices are as well.  I click search, not chosing any particular search such as "subject contains...,etc". I am not getting the same search results on the iphone that I use to get.  

I am on iOS 12.2, recently updated a few days ago, and not sure if that is the issue/bug.  My husband has a dated version(10) of iOS also doing the same actions on his iphone and his search results are producing what is expected.  laptop image.JPGlaptop imageiPhone search.jpg

I am also using v12.2.  I'm going to see if I can get an admin to authorize your images here in the forum.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Contributor

Mine hasn't been working on my desktop for months.

It hasn't bothered me until recently when I needed to find a specific email.

It used to work perfectly, then suddenly it would only search emails from the past few weeks (nothing older).

Please help.

I have logged out and back in again many times.

Expert

@circumstances wrote:

Mine hasn't been working on my desktop for months.

It hasn't bothered me until recently when I needed to find a specific email.

It used to work perfectly, then suddenly it would only search emails from the past few weeks (nothing older).

Please help.

I have logged out and back in again many times.

Did  you try using a date-range?  Like 12/01/2018-12/25/2018

Contributor

Hi. I had not, but I just tried it. It worked fine. But still no keyword search.

Is that helpful information?

Contributor

Can nobody from Xfinity help me with this problem??