Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Searching email not pulling up results past February

Regular Visitor

Searching email not pulling up results past February

Lately, whenever I search my email, the results only go back a few months, to 2/8/18. When I scroll (and scroll and scroll) I can find emails past that date, so I know the emails are still in my inbox, they're just not showing up in searches. Is there anyway I can fix this? I rely on the search tool a lot, so I really need it to work.

This only started happening with the updated email interface, is there anyway I can revert to the old one? This one is buggy and just doesn't work nearly as well as the old one.

Expert

Re: Searching email not pulling up results past February

I just tried doing a date range search for a two month period and it works just fine for me.  Here is what the Comcast help files say--------------

date

Specifies the message date to search for. Use your browser location's default format. For U.S. English, the format is mm/dd/yyyy. You can also use the greater than (>) or less than (<) symbol, after or before, and >= or <=.

date:02/01/2007

I used 01/01/2018-01/03/2018 to search the Inbox and it pulled up everything in that range.  You could also try searching using some other criteria like a name, email address and others.  The complete article is here--

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/search-your-xfinity-connect-inbox

New Poster

I have had a similar problem to the problem of the person whose searches don't pull up anything earlier than February. My searches don't pull up anything earlier than August 2017, even though my emails go back to 2009. As the first person said, this did not use to be the case with my searches in Comcast.

As suggested by Latoque, using a date range works for me, but it does not work if I try to add dates to a name I am searching for, so it is not useful. Again, putting in just a name, which would be the most useful to me, does not bring up any emails earlier than August 2017. 

Regular Visitor

Like the other poster, searching for a date range does pull up the emails from that time, but when I add a word or phrase I don't get any results. I'm wanting to find all of my emails from one specific keyword, so unfortunately this doesn't really help me.

After doing some more searching, it looks like the poster in this thread had the same problem, and was able to get it solved. They had to have their entire email reindexed, so it seems to be a process. Not sure why Comcast is suddenly having this problem with the new email system, since it worked for years without any problems with the old one.

Official Employee

alyssaisrad93, are you able to see the email in your inbox searching manually, without the search function? I've seen your private message and will follow up with you there. 

KenF