Community Forum

Search From xFinity Homepage Returns Blank Page

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Search From xFinity Homepage Returns Blank Page

Using Win 10, Firefox 63.0.1 and Chrome 70.0.3538.77. Starting today (11/6/18), entering a search word or phrase into search box on xFinity homepage returns a blank page. When this happened before, clearing all xfinity/comcast cookies & restarting the browsers helped solved problem, but not this time. Anyone else having same problem?

Expert

Re: Search From xFinity Homepage Returns Blank Page

I just tried with Chrome and it works OK for me.  Try signing out of the account and back in again, then try the homepage search box.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Okay, thanks; signing all the way out of both Chrome & Firefox & then signing back in worked; search works now. I usually only clear cookies once a week; maybe I need to clear xf/comcast cookies more often?

Expert

@officerripley wrote:

Okay, thanks; signing all the way out of both Chrome & Firefox & then signing back in worked; search works now. I usually only clear cookies once a week; maybe I need to clear xf/comcast cookies more often?

Maybe-----there is no consistent guideline you can use that is universal in nature when dealing with the quirks of browsers.  It won't hurt to clear more often, certainly.  But as you can see, this was more to do with the account than the browser.  Sometimes stuff just "hangs up" on you and you need to give it a good bash.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!