Community Forum

SPAM filtering is overly aggressive and can't be fine tuned.

New Poster

SPAM filtering is overly aggressive and can't be fine tuned.

Recently, all the messages from a local club mailing list stopped appearing when using a mail client with the IMAP interface.

I discovered that when using the web interface to email, the messaes ended up in the spam folder.  When I mark the messsage as "not spam" it completely vanishes without a trace rather than going into inbox or trash.  The only safe sender option that I can find allows messages ONLY from the senders listed and rejects everything else.  This is too extreme. 

It looks like the only viable option is to disable spam filtering entirely.

Gold Problem Solver

Re: SPAM filtering is overly aggressive and can't be fine tuned.

@wb2osz wrote: ... It looks like the only viable option is to disable spam filtering entirely.

You are correct -- that's the only option you have with their email service. They should provide a way to "whitelist" senders, but they don't. It's almost as if they don't want you to use their email service . . .

Expert

@wb2osz wrote:

Recently, all the messages from a local club mailing list stopped appearing when using a mail client with the IMAP interface.

I discovered that when using the web interface to email, the messaes ended up in the spam folder.  When I mark the messsage as "not spam" it completely vanishes without a trace rather than going into inbox or trash.  The only safe sender option that I can find allows messages ONLY from the senders listed and rejects everything else.  This is too extreme. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Expert

@wb2osz wrote:

Mailing lists and subscriptions can be problematic with any email program.  I would call Comcast security and see if there is a blocking issue for that sender's domain------------

Comcast Customer Security Assurance-------------------

Normal business hours (6:00 am to 2:00 am EST, 7 days a week)

1 - 888-565-4329

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi @wb2osz

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. Were you able to get in contact with CSA to help resolve your issue with spam filtering? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.