Community Forum

Routing Problem - Have Documentation --- Where to send (I'm hard of hearing)

Regular Visitor

Routing Problem - Have Documentation --- Where to send (I'm hard of hearing)

Is there an email address for Comcast Network Support? I am hard of hearing and really can't talk on the phone.  I've had a problem sending out email from one of my outlook accounts and a friend of mine identified and documented the problem.  I'd much prefer to send the documentation via email.

Thank you

Expert

Re: Routing Problem - Have Documentation --- Where to send (I'm hard of hearing)

@BillC-PA wrote:

Is there an email address for Comcast Network Support? I am hard of hearing and really can't talk on the phone.  I've had a problem sending out email from one of my outlook accounts and a friend of mine identified and documented the problem.  I'd much prefer to send the documentation via email.

Thank you

There isn't any email support, but the support here is very good.  Post your problem leaving out any personal identifying information.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Regular Visitor

Re: Routing Problem - Have Documentation --- Where to send (I'm hard of hearing)

Thank you for the reply.  Because I'm hard of hearing I contacted the accessiblity section, and they were able to open a ticket for me, and will coordinate a call back.  

Regards,

Bill

Regular Visitor

It was an extremely frustrating few days trying to get the problem resolved!  I had traceroute information available that showed what I assume was a bad 'hop' .... I couldn't ping the smtp mail server .... each time I mentioned the word 'email' I was told it was an email configuration problem!!  I told them it wasn't ... as I couldn't even ping the server ... my neighbor could ping it, I couldn't.  Of course I reset the modem/router several times .. disabled Norton firewall ... and it was just with one specific account I was having trouble with.  I eventually talked to someone whom I assume was a level 1 techy ... of course had to repeat everything ... and once again was told I had an email configuration problem .. then my blood pressure started going up ... so Tuesday  morning I was once again routed two times until I got whom I assumed was a networking guru .. well she was working at home, and I could  hear kids screaming in the background.  I tried to stay calm.. had to repeat everything .. .at this point it seemed like nobody had even had access to the documentation I sent (smtp relay errors, traceroute, etc) ... she said I couldn't setup a non-comcast email account ... what!! been running this way for years ... anyway ... my wife got on the phone - she is very calm ... but by the end of the call she was almost screaming Smiley Happy  I was proud of her Smiley Happy  So at this point, I didn't know what to do ... was the problem with Comcast, Network Solutions, the 3rd party hosting company, the email provider ... ahhhhh ..... late Tuesday night I was working on the computer (working on pictures, I do a lot of voluntary photography for non-profits) ... just for fun (ha) every 20 minutes or so I would try pinging the server .... and wow .. around 10:45 it started replying ...!! yeah ... problem fixed .... I assume by Comcast ... I asked if they would please let me know what the problem was .. but no reply.  So .. my blood pressure is almost back to normal .. not a great week ... someone ran into my wife's car in a parking lot (totally 100 percent the other guy) ... .she lost a pearl out of ring... and a cap on one of my teeth popped off .. and we had a leak in the roof.  Other than that, it was a good week Smiley Happy  Gee, I feel better!