Community Forum

Remove person from "select address" menu after it has been deleted from the "contact" list -

New Poster

Remove person from "select address" menu after it has been deleted from the "contact" list -

I have removed some old contacts from my list successfully.  However, they still appear in the "select address" dropdown menu when I try to address a new email.  How do I remove people from the "select address"dropdown menu also?

Expert

Re: Remove person from "select address" menu after it has been deleted from the "cont

Assuming you are in the new email format, open the address book from the Inbox page, then in the left folders pane click on "Collected addresses".  On the next landing page select the contact you want to get rid of and delete it.

New Poster

Re: Remove person from "select address" menu after it has been deleted from the "cont

Latoque,  thank you for your response.  However, I believe the technique you describe is intended to delete entries in the  main "contacts" list and I have already done this.  My question is that after the individual contacts are deleted from the contacts list, those contacts still are present in the list of "select addresses" dropdown that appears when you select "TO" in the address block of an email.  For reasons unknown to me, the contacts offered when you go to address a message continue to hold contacts that are deleted from the main part of the address book.  If you have further ideas I would be grateful to receive them.