Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Remove an attachment from email I am sending

Regular Visitor

Remove an attachment from email I am sending

I have just discovered that an attachment of my files is showing up on every email I send.  I have tried to delete the attachment but without success, therefore I cannot use my email.  Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can delete this attachment?  Thank you.

Expert

Re: Remove an attachment from email I am sending

How are you acessing your email?  With just a browser and the webmail interface?  Or on a tablet or what?  Does this happen when composing a new email, or when forwarding?

Frequent Visitor

I need to remove attachment from email I send, It shows all my files on my laptop.

Expert

@Jawbreaker5 wrote:

I need to remove attachment from email I send, It shows all my files on my laptop.

Is this something you attached yourself, or did it just appear when composing an email?  Save the message to the Draft folder.  Then in that folder open the message and in the toolbar click on Edit.  Can you remove it then?

Frequent Visitor

t just appeared. It shows all my files. I cant delete it

@Latoque wrote:

@Jawbreaker5 wrote:

Is this something you attached yourself, or did it just appear when composing an email?  Save the message to the Draft folder.  Then in that folder open the message and in the toolbar click on Edit.  Can you remove it then?

It just appeared

Expert

@Jawbreaker5 wrote:

t just appeared. It shows all my files. I cant delete it

@Latoque wrote:

@Jawbreaker5 wrote:

It just appeared

Can you remove it using the method I posted above?