Community Forum

Re: XFINITY Secure WIFI CA Certificate Required for Note 8

Frequent Visitor

Certainly.  Although I do have Xfinity Mobile as well.

Official Employee

Certainly.  Although I do have Xfinity Mobile as well.

Fremont-CA, oh that's right. I remember you from a few months ago. You had porting issues if I can recall. Is the XFINITY Mobile having issue with the hotspot as well or just the T-Mobile phone? 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

Great memory, Ken.  I was porting a Google Voice line to Xfinity Mobile.  It took about 3 days to complete to porting, much sooner than I originally anticipated.  In any case, with the Xfinity Wifi issue, I never have issues with the "XFINITY WIFI" hotspots, but have not been able to connect to the secure hotspot "XFINITY" I was been asked to provide logon credential.  I do have the Xfinity Wifi Android App installed on my phone. 

Official Employee

That's right. Yeah your username really stuck with me for some reason. lol.

OK. Are you having that connection errors on the XFINITY Mobile device or on the T-Mobile phone? Also, is the certificate error popping up on every XFINITY WiFi hotspot you connect to or just one in particular? 

KenF

Frequent Visitor

I use the Xfinity Mobile services mostly (almost exclusively) for voices, not data.  The phone in question is a T-mobile device.  No problem connecting to the unsecure "XFINITY WIFI" using my Comcast/Xfinity credential, but I was have no success with the secure "XFINITY" hotspots.

Official Employee

OK. What is your default web browser? Is it the Samsung web browser? I believe they have one preinstalled. 

Frequent Visitor

The phone is not a Samsung.  It's Lenovo Phab 2 Pro running Android 6.  I don't use the stock browser, I maiinly use Chrome or Firefox.

Official Employee

OK cool. Have you cleared the cache and cookies from the browser as well? Have you attempted to connect while in safe mode?

Frequent Visitor

No. Not yet. I am not certain that will fix the problem though.  I have the Xfinity Wifi App installed and was able to connect to the unsecure hotspot with ease, but when it attempts to connect to the secure hotspot I was asked to provide different credential and I have no idea what it"s referring to.  It's not a major issue since I don't come accross secure hotspot that often, but I would like to connect ot it whenever it's present.

The message I got when trying to connect to the secure hotspot "XFINITY" is similar to the one below:

CA issue.jpg

Contributor

Same problem here. Galaxy S8 plus from Xfinity Mobile. This began after the update to Oreo. Tier 1, Tier 2, and Engineering at Xfinity Mobile are clueless. Shocker.

This thread - http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-Mobile/XFINITY-Secure-WIFI-CA-Certificate-Required-for-Note-8/t... says it's "solved".

So where's the solution? I have no way to enter tht on mine. Screen looks the same. Why isn't the OP's reply with the solution still in that thread?
Contributor

Screenshot
Screenshot_20180623-222809_Settings.jpg