Community Forum

Re: Problems not receiving emails

New Poster

I have tried to work things out with XFINITY / Comcast for almost 5 months now. All I have asked of them is to deliver on the terms of our contract and provide me with services that I have paid on time and I've never been late not even once, for over three years now. Five months ago my service started becoming increasingly intermittent to the point where I could no longer use them.
I had to take off 8 days of work in two months to wait for the technicians that never were able to diagnose or fix the problem. So, what does Xfinity do? They continue to bill me the full price of my monthly bill for services they weren't able to provide me with or find a way to fix. Now they are telling me I have to pay for these services or they will disconnect them. LOL, What a joke you want me to pay for these services that I wasn't receiving and if I don't I still won't be getting them. Seriously, hum let me think about that for a second. This is just highway robbery at its finest. {edit: removed PII} If you(Xfinity) would like to rectify the situation. Which I'm sure your not. The customer service hasn't ever changed it's actually getting worse.

Regular Contributor

I know Comcast does block ports where they believe suspicious email originates. It’s frustrating when you’re missing important emails from legitimate senders and it’s blocked. Last fall one of my sons sent a legitimate email from .mil which is a military email address. He sent it over and over but I never received it. I was frantic because it was an invitation to visit a military facility that required timely clearances for one day. I called technical support over and over again to no avail. I finally had my son send the email to my Gmail account. A short time later his emails arrived in my Comcast inbox. Unfortunately Comcast doesn’t know there’s a problem if you don’t call. 

Official Employee

Hi Calebkb and lkpolovchik, thanks for posting. We are not always aware of any given issue, unless it gets reported. We don't expect you to pay for service that you're unable to receive, but we have to do the necessary research to justify any given credit request. It's always good to contact us as soon as possible regarding service problems, so we can get started on a resolution and document your account.  Calebkb ~ I will be happy to assist you in getting support with your account situation. Please send me a private message with your name so I can do an account review on this end and we can go from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

For your situation ~ lkpolovchik, I'm very sorry to hear about what took place with your email. We have some great contacts here in the forum for issues of that nature and please feel free to reach out to us here in the future for support. I'm glad the Gmail email worked as backup, especially due to the nature of the email. I'm not sure why it was blocked in the first place, but please keep in mind that reaching out here for support can often lead to great results. Thank you, take care. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Having similar issues, I cannot private message as I'm a new forum user.  Could you please be of assistance?

Official Employee

Frustrating! I can absolutely assist you, thedamner666. Welcome to the community by the way. We appreciate you reaching out here for support. The interface here usually just requires you to post one time publicly, which you have now done. Please refresh the page and attempt to send me a private message, it should then go through. Let me know here if you experience any further trouble. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hello again, thedamner666. I ended up not hearing back from you on this, so I went ahead and completed the interaction. If you end up needing further support with this though, please feel free to send me a private message with your name and I would be happy to assist you from there. 

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMorgan" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.