Community Forum

Re: Email Attachments not coming through

Regular Visitor

Same here

Official Employee

Hey there, skyburner! Thank you for reaching out here on the forums. Can you please explain more about the issues you're running into? Is this only happening on the Connect App or on the website as well?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Only the Connect App fails to show any evidence of an attachment from an i device.  The email page of the xfinity website shows everything as it should.

Expert

@skyburner wrote:

Only the Connect App fails to show any evidence of an attachment from an i device.  The email page of the xfinity website shows everything as it should.

On my iPhone, using the Xfinity Connect app, the paperclip icon for an attachment to an email in the Inbox list shows up at the right end under the date.  Is that what you mean?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Regular Visitor

I use android.  When someone using an iphone or ipad sends me an email with an attachment, I don't receive the attachment.

Official Employee

@skyburner - Just to confirm, if you send an email with the attachment to yourself - do you get an attachment? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Most Valued Poster

@ComcastElla  I'm not the OP but I have the same/similar issue.

I am using the Xfinity Connect App on a Samsung Galaxy S9.

I can see the paperclip and open attachments on the Connect App if the email was sent from either a Windows PC or Android phone.  

I cannot see the paperclip or view attachments on the Connect App if the email was sent from an Apple device; either iPad or iPhone.

I can see the attachments sent from Apple devices on my PC in Outlook 2019 and also online via Comcast's webmail.

Thanks

Official Employee

Hi, KittyMom! Thank you for reaching out! It's definitely a weird issue and I will try to reach to the engineering team. Would you be able to provide screenshots? You can send them in PM. Also, what is the Android version? Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Send a message.

Most Valued Poster

Thanks.  The screenshot you requested has been PM'd to you.

Official Employee

@KittyMom - Thank you so much! I got your message and replied back. 

New Poster

I have this same problem. Has there been any resolution that I have not yet found on these forums?

Thanks.

Most Valued Poster

It hasn't been solved yet but the last I heard the development team is aware and has the information they need to look into it.  No ETA has been given yet.

As a workaround, I can use the native email app on my Android phone to see the attachments.

New Poster

Thanks so much for replying. I will do the same.

Official Employee

Hello,

@KittyMom - Thank you so much for providing the information, I really appreciate it! 

@carolD77 - As KittyMom mentioned, we are aware of the issue and our engineering team is working on the resolution. My apologies for the inconvenience.