Community Forum

Re: Can't connect to comcast email server (Outlook 2010)

Regular Visitor

Yes, I have a similar porblem. I have used Outlook as my email client for several years without a glitch. Recently, I just stopped receiving Comcast mail in Outlook. I have tried changing passwords and a myrid of other things, all to no avail. When I attempt to update my Comcast password (or make any other change for that matter) in my Outlook client I get the followong message - "Something went wrong and Outlook couldn't saveyour account settings. Please try again."

Any ideas????

Official Employee Digital Care

Greetings, BanjoBoy! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. I apologize to hear you are running into issues with your Outlook having issues to connect to the email server to bring in messages. That's certainly frustrating. Please have a look at https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/email-client-programs-with-xfinity-email to make sure you have the right ports and set up. If everything looks good there do you have any more to the error message like any type of codes?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!