Community Forum

Re: Android Email no longer working with Comcast Server

Regular Visitor

As of today 3/5/19 I am also having the same issue.  I have tried the work arounds and my issue is still not resolved.

Official Employee

tstipkovic, do you have the server set to IMAP? Are you also having the same issue via an android device? 

KenF

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes, set to imap. Only having issue on my android phone.
New Poster

I am also  not able to access my email and I was on chat with agents from 4:30 - 5:30 on 03/05/19 and then again from 8:30 to 9:15 and I was told after speaking to three different agents earlier in the day that there was a problem and they were working on it.  I called back and no notes on my account - the agent didn't know what was wrong and the call went south really fast.  This is absolutely horrible and has cost me $$ because there was an email that I needed to reply to before 5:00 PM yesterday and here I am at 7:48 AM this morning still not able to access my email and COMCAST doesn't care!!! Horrible and incompetent!!!!

New Poster

agreed service is horrible.  Can't speak with any one state side, only in the Phillipines.

I finally spoke with a level 3 tech and they said the comcast email will no longer support 3rd party on phones.  I tried to down load the xfinity app and it's pretty useless. Doesn't work.  I too missed important emails. Ready to ditch comcast after 25+ years

New Poster

Yep I've got the same problem 6mar19.  Windows email works fine but android devices get "no response from server" when working over WIFI.  Accounts will not sync.  It feels like a certificate issue but I haven't found a way to resolve it.  In server settings you need to have "require authentication to send emails" turned ON.  To get there 1.  turn off WIFI  2. turn on phone data 3.  go to server settings and flip the switch.  This will let your email sync (send and receive) using phone data but WIFI will still NOT work with mail.  Still looking for a fix....

New Poster

I have the same issue.
Clearly not a priority of Comcast's to find a fix or communicate any progress in resolving the problem
New Poster

UPDATE 15MAR2019 - looks like it is fixed after 2 weeks; I never got around to calling it in.  More info:  it was a problem getting through to the server with both email AND Comcast APPS when connecting via WIFI.  You cannot sync email and you cannot connect a Comcast app.  Using wireless data worked just fine.  Hope it stays fixed.

Regular Visitor

I, too, cannot send anything on my comcast email. Had same problem a week ago, deleted and reestablished account, and worked fine for a few days. Now down again
Official Employee

banker, are you using the Connect App to get your email? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

I have a Samsung S8 and my email stopped showing up 2 days ago. The email app says that it continues to sync, but no change in the email display. I have confirmed imap settings gs and deleted cache, but no change. The email works fine on my laptop. I do find it ironic that this forum will email me when someone replies...
Expert

@kdbazzell wrote:
I have a Samsung S8 and my email stopped showing up 2 days ago. The email app says that it continues to sync, but no change in the email display. I have confirmed imap settings gs and deleted cache, but no change. The email works fine on my laptop. I do find it ironic that this forum will email me when someone replies...

The froum sends you emails because that is likely how you have your  preferences set in your forum profile.  Try deleting the account from the Samsung, then recreate it again from scratch.  Let it auto-configure the account for you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will give it a try.  I did find it interesting that my email did start working for about 2 hours this morning and then stopped again.

Official Employee

kdbazzell, were you able to retest after following Latoque's advice? 

New Poster

I last week we switched from T-Mobile to Comcast as we got better rates on cell phones by bundling other services. In the process, we changed from Samsung S6 to LG G8 ThinQ android phones. I found that the Xfinity connect app will only host 1 inbox for my primary email account. I have a secondary email that I use for registering at online stores and for other emails that I don't want cluttering up my primary account. My husband has directed all of his comcast email accounts to the 1 inbox on the Xfinity connect app and he doesn't mind having them combined in 1 inbox. I do mind per my reason of having 2 different comcast accounts above. I attempted to open my secondary email on wifi using my old Samsung phone. It worked for a couple of days and then I started getting an error and couldn't access it anymore except on my laptop :-(. Does anyone have any suggestions of a 3rd party email app that I could use to open my secondary comcast email account?

Expert

I don't have an Android phone, but I do have an iPhone.  It comes with a native mail app that I can load with any email account I want.  I have about 6 or 7 on it right now from different email providers, including a couple from Comcast.   One of my Comcast accounts on the phone is the primary, and the other is a secondary.  I just put them in as separate accounts.  Does the Android operating system not come with a similar mail app? 

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

Yes, I was able to reinstall my email account and it has worked fine since.  Thanks for the suggestion.

New Poster

I have the same phone and exact same issue. Deletes account and reinstalled it and email worked for 1 day. I have to delete the account and reinstall daily to make it work on Samsung s8. This is a huge pain! All my other devices are working properly. Please help!
Expert

@Ckedsmith wrote:
I have the same phone and exact same issue. Deletes account and reinstalled it and email worked for 1 day. I have to delete the account and reinstall daily to make it work on Samsung s8. This is a huge pain! All my other devices are working properly. Please help!

Are you using the account in the mail app that comes on the phone, or the Xfinity Connect mobile app?  Does it happen with both of them? 

New Poster

I am using the app that came on the phone. It has worked great for 3 years. About 3 days ago noticed I was not receiving emails. I checked configuration per Comcast specs and all were correct. Deleted account from phone and reinstalled and it works for a 24 hours period then quits receiving email again. I have deleted account and reinstalled 3 times. This should not have to be done daily!
New Poster

I re-entered my password again this morning and I was able to get into the secondary email on my old Galaxy S6 that is ONLY connected to wifi since I bought the new LG though Comcast and the old phone was with T-Mobile. I'm using the Samsung email app on that phone. I hope I don't have to reload it again like others have had to do!!! Once I figure out how to get the secondary Comcast email on my LG G8 ThinQ, I hope I won't need my old phone and can wipe it and sell it. It's a pain carrying 2 phones....

Expert

@WPLady wrote:

I re-entered my password again this morning and I was able to get into the secondary email on my old Galaxy S6 that is ONLY connected to wifi since I bought the new LG though Comcast and the old phone was with T-Mobile. I'm using the Samsung email app on that phone. I hope I don't have to reload it again like others have had to do!!! Once I figure out how to get the secondary Comcast email on my LG G8 ThinQ, I hope I won't need my old phone and can wipe it and sell it. It's a pain carrying 2 phones....

Your LG ThinQ should have an email app included.  Look under Settings/General/Apps.  You should see Email.  If not, head to the Google Play store and find one that you think will do what you want it to.  Most are free.

New Poster

I too am experiencing this same issue with Comcast and my Galaxy S8+ Edge. I have 4 emails in my inbox currently. I can see those emails if I check them on my computer or if I look at them through the e-mail app on my iPad. However, when I open and sync my e-mails using the Samsung default e-mail app on my phone, I only see two emails, not four. No matter how many times I tell the program to "sync", it never pulls in the two newest emails. It appears that if I open a new email on my phone, it will continue to show up; however, if I open a new email on my iPad or computer first (so that it is no longer a "new" email), my Samsung will not sync it to my phone.

New Poster

Re: Email no longer working with Comcast Server

Comcast.net email will not send my PC or my IPhone.
Expert

Re: Email no longer working with Comcast Server

@NancyRobinsonRE wrote:
Comcast.net email will not send my PC or my IPhone.

You need to provide better information.  Exactly what happens when you try to send?  How are you accessing the email on the phone or the pc?

New Poster

Any thoughts on this? It's still not working.
Frequent Visitor

This is exactly what is happening to me as well. A couple weeks ago I stopped receiving my comcast .net emails on my galaxy s7 phone using the samsung mail app. I finally removed the account and then added it back and it started syncing again, however it only works for about 24 hrs. I just upgraded to an S10+ and it is still doing the same thing. After reading this thread it appears that no one really knows what the cause is or if it will be resolved! I am ready to completely do away with my comcast email!!
Expert

@jlampley wrote:
This is exactly what is happening to me as well. A couple weeks ago I stopped receiving my comcast .net emails on my galaxy s7 phone using the samsung mail app. I finally removed the account and then added it back and it started syncing again, however it only works for about 24 hrs. I just upgraded to an S10+ and it is still doing the same thing. After reading this thread it appears that no one really knows what the cause is or if it will be resolved! I am ready to completely do away with my comcast email!!

I don't have an Android phone, but I'm curious;

Can you email normally using only the webmail interface and your browser?

Can you try using the Xfinity Connect mobile app and see if the same thing happens?

Frequent Visitor

I have started using the Xfinity connect app and so far I'm still receiving my emails.
Expert

@jlampley wrote:
I have started using the Xfinity connect app and so far I'm still receiving my emails.

If it works OK with the Xfinity app or just the browser, that tells me it's not likely to be something wrong with the account. Does the same thing happen with other email accounts you might have like Yahoo or Gmail or something else?

Frequent Visitor

No, I have two other email accounts that still work fine with the samsung app. I've been using the samsung mail app for years to get all of my email in one place without issue. Sure, I could simply find a third party app to use but I'm struggling with the fact that Samsung or Xfinity haven't identified and fixed the issue.
New Poster

I am having this same issue -- haven't received an email to my Samsung Galaxy phone since 7/22/19. I am set up IMAP, and I am receiving emails on my computer, and on my Samsung tablet, but not my Galaxy 10. I have tried resetting my password, but nothing seems to be working. What's going on here???

New Poster

I had to delete the Comcast email account on Samsung S8 and reinstall it. It has been working for about 3 days straight at this point. I was having to delete and reinstall every 24 hours to begin which is a huge pain.
Expert

@cameroj wrote:

I am having this same issue -- haven't received an email to my Samsung Galaxy phone since 7/22/19. I am set up IMAP, and I am receiving emails on my computer, and on my Samsung tablet, but not my Galaxy 10. I have tried resetting my password, but nothing seems to be working. What's going on here???

Are you using the native mail app that comes on the phone?  If so, try using the Xfinity Connect mobile app and see if the same thing happens.

Frequent Visitor

So I started using the xfinity connect app and all of a sudden started receiving my comcast mail on the samsung app again. It worked for three days and then again this morning stopped getting emails. All the while the Xfinity app is working fine.
Official Employee

Hi everyone thanks for posting on the thread.

jlampley, 

Is this issue ongoing? 

New Poster

I got a new Samsung tablet. I tried setting up my Comcast/Xfinity email using the Samsung email app and it wouldn't work.  The message I got was " Couldn't verify account, imap.comcast.net isn't responding. You can continue the setup process, but you will not recieve emails until your account has been verified. Canel or Continue." as you can read, this explaination is pretty worthless.

So I decided to install BlueMail and that worked with autosetup.

You (Comcast) might want to look  into the Samsung App and find why it doesn't work.

Android 9 and Samsung UI One.

New Poster

Re: Android Email no longer working with Comcast Server - Galaxy S4

My old Galaxy S4 stopped sending email 2 days ago.  Receives comcast email just fine.

I go to Setting, Outgoing - tried ports, SSL/TLS, etc. and it verifies that it works - but when I go back to email it "sends" just fine - no errors - but the email is never received.  I'm on my home WiFi.

2 other GMAIL accounts on same phone is working fine.

---------what changed at Comcast?---------------