Community Forum

Overwhelming Number of Spam and Phishing Emails

Frequent Visitor

Overwhelming Number of Spam and Phishing Emails

The Spam filter on Comcast email does not work. I dump all spam and phishing attempts into it, with many repeated emails, but the filter doesn't learn. Plus it likes to sporatically catch real emails and put them in spam or the inbox. I haven't seen any consistency in how it works. Are there any tricks to improving the Spam filter?  thanks

Official Employee

Re: Overwhelming Number of Spam and Phishing Emails

Hello, garyray01. Welcome to the Xfinity Forums!

You can use the following link to report spam and phishing emails. https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse/

Let us know if this helps or if you have further questions we can assist you with. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

I'll try it. I found an account to send to a couple months ago, maybe the one you've suggested - I don't remember, and the first thing Comcast did was kill my password saying my email had probably been compromised. Then they did it a second time when I reported emails to the account. That was not helpful and did not reduce any of the spam/phishing emails I still receive. And, I don't believe my account had been compromised.

They also suggested to send to missed-spam@comcast.net. That certainly has not helped. And, to me most frustrating is that the Spam folder does not learn. If there were ways to block accounts that send these emails, like I can block phone numbers.

Official Employee

garyray01, thank you for clarifying. What are you using to access your Comcast email (Xfinity Connect, Outlook, web portal, etc.)?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

I have been following these procedures for some time, but have not noticed a decrease in spam or phishing emails.

The SPAM folder is extremely inconsistent. Legitimate emails that I receive from some membership organizations may end up in the SPAM or Inbox folders. And, some spam or phishing emails could end up in either folder also, and with the exact same email titles.

I know this is an inexact process, but if there were ways to flag email titles, senders or some other identifier as unwanted, as my phone does, then many of there repeat offenders could be taken care of.

Thanks

Official Employee

garyray01, I'd be happy to troubleshoot this issue with you. Let me know what you use to access your Comcast email.

Frequent Visitor

I'm on a Macintosh and usually use Firefox. Sometimes I use Chrome or Safari.

Official Employee

Do you use Xfinity Connect, Outlook, the web portal, or something else? 

Frequent Visitor

I go through xfinity connect from the my.sfinity.com website.

Official Employee

Let's take a look at this further together. Please send me a PM with your first and last name to get started. To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAlly” and click “send a message.”