Community Forum

Outlook emails with attachments not sending??

Frequent Visitor

Outlook emails with attachments not sending??

Outlook emails with attachments do not send. I can forward the incoming email with attachment without issue. Receiving works fine.  Outgoing emails with no attachments send fine, is there something on the Comcast side blocking them???

Expert

Re: Outlook emails with attachments not sending??

If you use only the webmail interface and your browser, can you email attachments normally?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

On my android device I opened comcast.net and logged in, created a new email with attachment and it sent fine. Appears to send fine that way but not using Outlook.

Frequent Visitor

It appears there are restrictions on my account can that be verified? I installed secondary @comcast.net account in addition to my primary and all newly created emails with attachments sent fine.
Help!
Expert

@gardassoc wrote:
It appears there are restrictions on my account can that be verified? I installed secondary @comcast.net account in addition to my primary and all newly created emails with attachments sent fine.
Help!

If you can send an email with an attachment from the account in question using only the webmail UI and your browser, there are no  restrictions on your account from the Comcast side.  You haven't said--------exactly what happens when you try sending from Outlook?

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

After creating a new email and attaching a document (pdf. Excel. Word doc. Or image) I hit send I immediately get an outlook error message. "Your message failed to send. Please contact your email admin for additional support. Your message has been returned to your drafts folder"
Expert

@gardassoc wrote:
After creating a new email and attaching a document (pdf. Excel. Word doc. Or image) I hit send I immediately get an outlook error message. "Your message failed to send. Please contact your email admin for additional support. Your message has been returned to your drafts folder"

How big is the attachment?  There is a 25 Mb sending limit for an email in Comcast.

Frequent Visitor

Should have specified, files are small 56k to a few mb's. Nothing big.
Official Employee

Greetings, gardassoc! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. It looks like Latoque has you on the right path of it being with Outlook or possible just that mail account within Outlook. Were you able to get the issue resolved?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Issue still remains.
Official Employee

Thanks for getting back to us, gardassoc. I apologize the issue is still continuing. The only thing I could recommend would be to delete the primary outlook account and then rebuild it since you mentioned that you tried with a secondary email and it worked just fine. Before doing that I would check to make sure any emails you want to save are still on the Xfinity webmail so when you rebuild the account it should just grab all the email again. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hey, gardassoc. I hope you are well. I just wanted to follow up again to see if you attempted to rebuild the main account in outlook. Please let us know.

Frequent Visitor

I may not be clear on what your say about rebuilding the account?
If you are talking about uninstalling the account in Outlook, I have done that twice.
Thx
Official Employee

That is correct. Thank you for verifying that. I would like to look into this a little closer if I can. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Frequent Visitor

Done!
Official Employee

Hello, gardassoc. I have not heard back from you. If you still need assistance, please feel free to start a new public thread.