Community Forum

Outlook crashing when trying to open....

New Poster

Outlook crashing when trying to open....

Greetings.

I have a customer who is an Xfinity customer as well and they are using Outlook 2013 to access email.  It has been working fine up until about 2 months ago.  Now, they are having a problem where the profile gets corrupted and Outlook will open, and then crash.  The only email account they have is their Xfinity email account.  The only way that I have found to "fix" the issue is to create a new mail profile, but it seems to me that this has to be an issue with Xfinity and not Outlook as I use the same version of Outlook on my PC, don't use Xfinity for email in Outlook, and have 4 email accounts which all work correctly.  We are using the IMAP settings, and I am at a loss to figure out what to try next.  Suggestions?

Gold Problem Solver

Re: Outlook crashing when trying to open....

What happens after creating a new Profile in Outlook?  Does that Profile crash as well?

I also use Outlook, with three Email accounts and have never had this issue.

Official Employee

Hello jydsker. Thank you for visiting and posting on our Forum. I can assist with troubleshooting your email issue. Can you confirm if there are any issues using the Comcast email address via our Xfinity Connect Web Portal? Instructions are found here, in case this is new for you: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/sign-in-to-email-or-voicemail-on-xfinity

[Edit: Grammar]

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Hi jydsker. Since we didn't see a response from you, this thread has been locked. Please don't hesitate to send me a private message if you continue to need help with this issue, or create a new post if you need assistance with anything else. Thank you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!