Community Forum

Outlook 365 issues after WIN Update 1903

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Outlook 365 issues after WIN Update 1903

After two days of hair tearing and PHD [Push Here Dummy] exploration I may have found a way to correct Outlook 365 [Office 365] problems that occurred after installing the 1903 Win 10 update.  Symptoms were that linked Comcast email accounts [some] were non functional in Outlook after the upgrade, but using the Windows 10 MAIL app they all worked fine.  This indicated an Outlook issue.  Thinking about it, Outlook is connecting to an Exchange Server  that is logged in to with a Microsoft Acount email address and the Comcast email accounts are linked to my Microsoft Account email address which happens to be at Outloo.com.  I tried setting up IMAP Comcast email accounts in Outlook ad nauseum with no success.  Finally in frustration I tried creating a new Outlook profile and making it the default.  I was able to add the missing accounts to the new profile and they all connected to Comcast without  problems.  Restarting Outlook they all have been working for a couple of hours.

I am disappointed that I don't see any mention of this approach by Googling the problem, from Microsoft, Comcast, or any of the other resources on the net.  I hope this helps somebody else.

Regular Visitor

Re: Outlook 365 issues after WIN Update 1903

Two days and Outlook is still working [Hurrah]!  In my case the traditional Outlook method of adding or updating email accounts simply did not work. [File/Account Settings/ click on Account Settings Icon then get the following screen that used to work in older versions of outlookAccount Settings.jpg

What did work was scrolling down the menu of icons and selecting the drop down menu arrow in the Account settinds Icon and then selecting Change Profile from the menu.  This allowed me to create a new profile and connect all my Comcast Email accounts. 

If the screen shots don't appear i am going to need help to be able to post them!

Change Profile.jpg

Expert

@pbco wrote:

Two days and Outlook is still working [Hurrah]!  In my case the traditional Outlook method of adding or updating email accounts simply did not work. [File/Account Settings/ click on Account Settings Icon then get the following screen that used to work in older versions of outlook

What did work was scrolling down the menu of icons and selecting the drop down menu arrow in the Account settinds Icon and then selecting Change Profile from the menu.  This allowed me to create a new profile and connect all my Comcast Email accounts. 

If the screen shots don't appear i am going to need help to be able to post them!

All images posted have to be approved by the Admin before they are shown.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

No one answered, but I figuired out a workaround and posted it myself.  

Frequent Visitor

This worked for me also, thank you...