Community Forum

Outlook 2016 constant server timeout

Contributor

Outlook 2016 constant server timeout

I use Outlook 2016 setup as POP account and very often run into a problem with email not downloading from the server. I get the server timeout error after 1 minute.  I am succesfully able to retrieve email from my gmail account setup as POP with no trouble. It always seems to be a Comcast email problem. What are my options outside of switching to IMAP. This is not a viable option for me.  I would also like to add that I can succesfully retrieve comcast email with my Iphone7  so I know that Comcast email is not down.

New Poster

Re: Outlook 2016 constant server timeout

I have the same problem. I called Comcast and they were unable to help.

Frequent Visitor

Same here Office 2010 (imap).. This has been a constant issue for the last 6 months.. It works, then it's out for a couple days, then it works again.. If you call comcast, they say there is no issue.

Frequent Visitor

Re: imap.comcast.net not responding

You aren't the only one with the IMAP issue (Outlook 2010).. This has been happening regular for the last 4-6 months.. Everyone at comcast knows about it, but they will give you the same ol' check your settings, ports, this and that. I'm so well versed in the customer service script, I could fill in if they had a call off.. The way it's been happening is It will work for a few days up to a couple weeks, then it will conect to the server, but times out during sync. That will last a couple days, and then out of the blue will work again.  I wish someone would figure out why this is happening and fix it.  I've had this email account for over 10 years.

Official Employee

gbailey99, sorry to hear about the outlook service timeout. Have you attempted to reach out to Microsoft for support? 

Check out this link for help with setting up email settings for Outlook 2016: 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/configure-outlook-2013-email?

Ken

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!