Community Forum

Outlook 2013 Problem

New Poster

Outlook 2013 Problem

Outlook worked fine for many years, stopped a few days ago. I have been unable to figure it out so far. Help would be greatly appreciated. I have the same exact problem on 2 computers. I am using Comcast suplied Norton AV

Error message 

Task 'XXXXXXXXX2@comcast.net - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

Frequent Visitor

Re: Outlook 2013 Problem

I experienced the same.

You should delete in Outlook all add-in including integrated plug-in of Norton AV.

When in Outlook you select Tools > Trust Center > Add-Ins ( second line in Trust Center, in the left pan  ) you should see whether Norton AntiSpam Outlook Plug-in ( in right pan ) is enabled or not.

You can disable Norton AntiSpam going directly to  Norton AV settings AntiSpam > Client Integration finding there: Address Book and Email Clients

turning the switches on/off to off. Later by rebooting your PC you can again in Outlook recheck whether this plug-in was disabled.

Problem Solver

Hi  

1. Start Norton.

2. Click Settings.

3. Under Detailed Settings, click AntiSpam.

4. On the Client Integration tab, under Email Clients, click on the slider next to Outlook to turn it Off.

5. Click Apply, and then click Close.

6. Exit all the programs, and then restart the computer.

Check with outlook after this if you are gettin any error messages.

Anirban

Frequent Visitor

Norton Support expert says basicaly the same - Norton Security plug-in shall be disabled not interacting with Outlook.