Community Forum

Outgoing email not sending in Mail

New Poster

Outgoing email not sending in Mail

I use MacMail and my outgoing emails are not going out. It continuously asks for my password, which has already been entered into my account.
Expert

Re: Outgoing email not sending in Mail

In Mac Mail, you need to set the password in two places-----for the incoming and the outgoing servers-----did you do that?  If not, here is how-----------------

https://support.apple.com/guide/mail/change-outgoing-server-settings-cpmlprefsmtpserver/mac

I have Mojave and also use Mac Mail.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Thanks for posting. After what Latoque posted, please let us know if the issue continues and we will be happy to further assist. Thanks!

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Hi, 109757. We ended up not hearing back from you on this, so we're hoping that the password solution that was provided had worked out for you. I have completed the interaction and if you end up needing further support on this, please feel free to send me a PM.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.