Community Forum

Outgoing Emails will not send in Comcast

New Poster

Outgoing Emails will not send in Comcast

Is anyone else having issues trying to send out emails?  I have several people in my household experiencing the same thing.  I'm receiving emails but cannot send anything.

New Poster

Re: Outgoing Emails will not send in Comcast

Yes, I just spoke with them, and this is the response I received: 

"There is an issue with the Email from server end and our team is working on it and it will be resolved with in 1-2 hours, meanwhile you can use this link to access Emails https://xfinityconnect.mail.comcast.net/ and you can use connect app to access emails"

In my personal opinion, there have been far too many issues with the new email server. 

Frequent Visitor

Yes.  Just happened to me.  That is why I came on this Forum.  I wanted to see if others were experiencing the same thing.  

Frequent Visitor

Yes, this is the 4th day I cannot send from my Macbook. The emails go straight to draft. Then I have to go to another computer in the house to send them....This is 30 April 2018

New Poster

I am having the exact same issue!!!  What the heck is going on?  Geez!

Frequent Visitor

Yes, I'm having the same issue from my MacBook as well...

Official Employee

For those having problems sending but not recieving...

Please make sure that your password is up to date in BOTH the receiving server and sending server settings. Apple is often supsceptible to having the passwords not match meaning you have to update both locations, not just one. 

(I know someone mentioned they could send from  different computer, which also points to it not being an account issue)

Here is how to get to your outgoing settings on a Mac - Outgoing server settings

You can also check to make sure all your IMAP settings are correct for sending here - Where can I find the server settings to manually set up IMAP?

Frequent Visitor

I'm using the webpage Xfinity Connect, not the MAIL program on my MacBook. Doesn't your response apply to the MAIL program? The issue is with the webpage Xfinity Connect that I'm using.

Regular Visitor

Comcast employee tip on checking IMAP settings is not applicable for those who are not using the Mail program on their Macs. I am using the web app directly from Comcast's site. Smiley Sad   So very tired of the hassles dealing with Comcast.

Official Employee

bbyk, 

Can you DM me witth your UID. I just want to confirm it because from what I can see your mail is going through just fine

Frequent Visitor

Just sent you private message. Doesn't look to be working on my end, so not sure what you're looking at.

New Poster

I can sreceive and send email from my iPhone but can't send emails from my MacBookPro. I haven't changed any of the settings. Where should I look on my MacBook to ensure server setting are as you suggested. 

New Poster

Same problem, spent 45 minutes on phone with xfinity who will have someone call me back; not happy

New Poster

Same here. I noticed it earlier this afternoon and it has not been solved yet.

New Poster

I have the same problem with sending emails from Xfinity Connect web page using Macbook, they just go right to Drafts. I can send using the Connect app on my iPhone, however, with no problems.  This appears to be a server issue on Comcast's end, and NOT an issue with the Macbook.

New Poster

This is incorrect as I am able to send through the Apple mail program using my Comcast account, but cannot send from the Xfinity website. My prefernce has been the Xfinity site, but it stopped sending emails today. Tried several options including contacting Comcast Support. They tried to sell me on an account "update" to save me money instead of trying to help me fix the issue. Finally said they couldn't help me and someone would call me. I'm not waiting on a phone call from someone else that won't acknowledge the problem exists  and therefore won't be able to fix the problem.

(I know someone mentioned they could send from  different computer, which also points to it not being an account issue)

Denial is not a solution 

- If email (from Comcast account) can be sent from the same computer through a different program (Apple Mail), then the problem is not the computer

- If the Comcast account can send through a different program (Apple Mail) then the account works

- If Xfinity website won't send email through the working Comcast account - logic says the problem is the Xfinity website

Frequent Visitor

Look, I had no problem with my email sending from Comcast on my Macbook until last Thursday or Friday. My mail through Outlook sends fine. So, something Comcast did in the form of an update changed the way Comcast's servers handle email sending from Macbooks. Comcast, Please fix your software. I have had no luck changing server passwords on outgoing servers. Why are you fightning obvious customer complaints and problems. All of us with this problem did not suddenly decide to have this problem. Something you did caused it. NOW FIX IT!!!!!!!!@

Frequent Visitor

additionally, the fact that this sent does not mean it is my problem, it means that I did not sent it from the xfinity Comcast site. JUST FIX IT. Go back to the way it was a week ago.

Official Employee

Can I ask anyone who is having an issue with their email going to draft to please post their Browser and Browser Version Number, please?

Regular Visitor

Hoping this works. thanks. I am in the process of removing myself form Xfinity mail as well. Terrible. It is all about advertising. Hello gmail

Frequent Visitor

Safari Version 10.1.2 (10603.3.8)

New Poster

Using the Xfinity Connect app
New Poster

I'm using Safari 9.1.2 

All of the important work emails I sent this weekend and over the last few days are missing.  They are not in my sent folder and the intended recipients have not received them.  I am using the Xfinity mail plattform and cannot stress the massive detrimental significance of this Xfinity problem.  I'm certain others are in the same boat.

New Poster

I am in exactly the same boat.  I have had to resend/ reformulate emails from memory.  Comcast support should be aware of system wide problem at this point with plan of action!!!!

Tags (1)
New Poster

My browser is Safari version10.1.2 (10603.3.8)

New Poster

This problem has been going on for me for about 5 days, cannot send out emails on my comcast.net account  , yesterday I was on the phone for about  45 minutes, with Comcast...   one suggestion was to use google chrome for my server, instead of Safari with my MAC...  that was not an acceptable responce.   It should be noted that I can use a yahoo mail account with the Safari server...   The best part was the representative, finally stated, she is sorry she could not help me,,,,,but wanted to know if there was anything else she could do to assist me......   about that time the call was concluded

Official Employee

Can you please post what browser version you are using?

Regular Visitor

I use both Safari and Chrome on my Mac. Safari Version 9.1 (11601.5.17.1) and Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit). All emails go straight to draft when trying to send in both browsers. I am able to send when on my Dell XPS, so this is a problem with your interface with Macs. And yes, totally agree with Luker...fix it NOW.

Frequent Visitor

I'm having the same problem. It's been doing it off and on for a week or so. But today it just plain quit. Insead of sending emails, it saves them to the Drafts folder instead. Now I've got an angry client that didn't get a critical time-sensitive email. That's how I found out what was happening. After he complained, I checked and found the email in Drafts....along with every other email I sent out today! Nice job Comcast. If you want me to be able to pay my bill, don't screw up my ability to make a living!

New Poster

Have not been able to send from iPad in two days.

Frequent Visitor

This has been an ongoing problem off and on for a week or so, and today it just plain quit sending all email and sends everything to drafts. I do not use the Mac Mail program, I'm on the Xfinity website. My browser is Safari Version 10.1.2 (10603.3.8). Please don't point the finger st Safari. If you're running a mail program as big as Xfinity, one would expect you would keep up with updates in ALL browsers to make sure you are actually compatable with your clients.

New Poster

Yes, same thing.  Arrggh.

Official Employee

Hello, 

Thank you to those who replied with your browser version, it was critical in assisting our trouble-shooting efforts. 

We have identified an issue with older browsers before Safari 11 where sending a message saved the message to drafts instead of sending it.

If you have the most up to date browser the send issue will not affect you. 

We realize that not everyone can, or wants to update to the latest browser and we have come up with a fix and are in the process testing so we can safely implement it overnight. 

Thank you again for your assitance and your understanding. 

Brett

New Poster

My mac says it was updated 4/23/18 so unclear if you are correct.
Regular Visitor

Thank you, Brett. I will update my browser (Safari), but my Chrome is up to date, and it is still having the problems I have with Safari. Also, did you all update something at your end? Because I've never had trouble sending/receiving, and I have not changed a thing at my end. Suspect the same is true for most who are having the problem. 

New Poster

Same problem with outgoing emails, do not send. All going to Draft.  MAC computer Running Safari Version 10.1.2 (10603.3.8)

New Poster

I spent over an hour on chat yesterday and the issue was unresolved.  The person on chat seemed to have no idea what was going on.  Finally said it needed to go to "a higher level" and assured me that someone would call me in less than 

24 hours to resolve the issue.

Guess what??   No one ever called.   Any email I try to send just goes into a draft folder.

New Poster

Guess what??   They never call back.  I have already been thru this.

Frequent Visitor

See earlier post re: that they are working to implement a fix overnight. Hopefully we'll all be "back to normal" tomorrow morning! I've been working with Brett to help trouble shoot and provide insight from what's happening with my situation. He's been great to work with. Best Comcast experience I've had yet...and I've been one frustrated customer!!!

New Poster

I will believe it when I see it otherwise Comcast customer support is a farce.

The first level of Comcast support is unaware of the problem as is the second level who then state someone is going to get back with you who never does.

This problem has been going on for weeks.

Seriously thinking of changing providers.

Frequent Visitor

I just sent a test message today from my Macbook and it worked! Woohoo! 

Frequent Visitor

YES! Mine does too! Thanks Comcast for addressing the issue.

Frequent Visitor

Yesterday Comcast said the issue was Safari. They said anyone using a version of Safari older than 11.0 would have problems. Of course. So I uploaded the most recent Mac OS to comply, which crashed my MacBook Pro. On the phone with Apple support for hours yesterday and today, eventually making the hard decision to erase my hard drive and start over from scratch. Now I get to spend the rest of my birthday uploading High Sierra and reinstalling all my files and applications that are gone. Happy birthday from Comcast and Apple.
New Poster

I am using Outlook on my phone and still have items in my Outbox. I juyst sent another test message and it didn't go anywhere. I receive emails, but responses don't go anywhere except the Outbox. Dont know of it was happening before as I did not send anything, but it started Monday (May 1) for me.

New Poster

My email is working again. I hope it lasts.
Regular Visitor

Landlady, I just want you to know that I have total sympathy for you and feel your pain. That is just awful. Hang in there. 

Regular Visitor

Mine too. May it ever last!

New Poster

Now my email on my computer is totally down.
New Poster

I'm now having the same issue. Everything was fine, then BAM! No send. This is on my: iPad 3, Apple Cube (OS 10.4), Apple Mac Mini, and my wife's iMac. It was working on them all, so it's not a settings issue. Except the Cube all software is up-to-date. Spend an hour plus Chatting with Tech support... no resolution.

Regular Visitor

Today I can't send email on comcast email account from my mac?

do we have an fix yet?